PH test saliva/urine ?

There is a lot of interest in how what you eat can affect your rosacea. Some foods can cause a flareup in rosacea symptoms. Also the makeup of your diet in general will affect your health for sure and also your rosacea.

PH test saliva/urine ?

Postby wishingforhelp » Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:00 pm

I'm still learning, researching and reading about rosacea. Have any of you done a PH test on your saliva/urine? Have you found that your PH was acidic and correcting your diet to more alkaline was a "cure" or at least helped your rosacea? I find it a bit maddening that the doctor and dermatologist I went to said nothing about diet, yet I'm reading so much about how an acidic PH level in your body could be a cause/trigger of rosacea! Please give me the truth of the matter. Just having been diagnosed in June, I am only discovering for the FIRST time, that drinking a beer or eating a piece of chocolate cake resulted in a mess on my face the next AM. Yet all my life and even up to 2 months ago, I ate those foods without any problem. Why all of a sudden to these same foods cause severe redness, pimples, etc? It is not computing. Months prior I had added amino acids to my diet to increase my human growth hormone which your body naturally produces. I'm wondering if adding these amino acid combinations caused my rosacea. But honestly, after about 6 weeks of this amino acid combination, I without a doubt felt 200% stronger and better...... Your thoughts appreciated!
Diagnosed 6/1/13 (great skin before!!)
Metronidazole 0.75% in the AM
Finacea Gel 15% in the PM
II Papulopustular (mainly papules or pustules & central facial redness)
Shirley
Pennsylvania
wishingforhelp
Apprentice Member
Apprentice Member

Return to Foods & Diet