Candida Diet Working Wonders

There is a lot of interest in how what you eat can affect your rosacea. Some foods can cause a flareup in rosacea symptoms. Also the makeup of your diet in general will affect your health for sure and also your rosacea.
freeme3
Regular Helper
Regular Helper

Re: Candida Diet Working Wonders

Post by freeme3 »

Hi! I am glad that this is working for you. I think that I may have candida too and am thinking of looking into a Candida Cleanse from Wholefoods. I just ordered the book that you recommended on Candida so i will read it and see what they recommend. I am looking into adding Grapeseed extract as an an anti-fungal but want to read the book first. I am nervous about experiencing "die off symptoms" but hope they won't be too bad. How long did your cheekbone rash last or the fatigue? I had a blood test about a year and a 1/2 ago that said I was negative for candida but that was before I went on my 8 month stint of antibiotics... that's why I think I may have it. Plus, are blood tests for candida all that foolproof?

I have REALLY been off sugar, grains, dairy and fruit for a whole week. Like NONE of that- thanks for the complement on sticking to it, BTW. I did have one organic apple sauce the other day but figured I will cut that our for awhile too. My skin is looking a bit better to me, I think. I feel really hungry though and miss my bun with my chicken sandwich and I really miss my sweets... BUT I am losing weight and healing my skin and just keep telling myself that this isn't going to be forever.

My skin has been really flaky since cutting out all of the sugar, etc. and someone mentioned on another board that that might be a symptom of "healing" as they experienced that too when their skin was improving. Did that ever happen to you?

That is awesome that you are feeling more emotionally resilient and that your joint pain is better :) I know what you mean about worrying about symptoms- oh do I ever! I think that's great that you are not as worried so much and realize that there's more to life than just your face.. I am trying to learn that too- it's a work in progress. In one of your last posts, you said that your skin was "glowing"- so I bet that it looks pretty good! We are always our own worst critics!

I have mentioned before that I am concerned about summer coming but deep down I know that a lot of this is anxiety and maybe some food intolerances and/or candida issues. If I could just get past the anxiety of it all then I think i could get over all of this. I will go into a warm place and think "OMG it's so hot in here, I am going to turn red" and pretty much psych myself out. They say that sun is a big trigger so of course I am nervous.. but then again, it doesn't have to be a trigger for me!! I mean, in all seriousness, I could be all right with sunscreen and a hat.. maybe I won't even NEED a hat! A lot of this is in my head-- I really am realizing the power of our emotions.

Well, I don't want to make this post all about me-- I really am glad that the candida diet is working well for you. I will let you know if/when I start it... the Candida book is in the mail so I need to read through it and see where to go from there. My diet is good right now- so maybe I won't need to do much more besides add an antifungal. I already increased my probiotics and cook with coconut oil which I read is an antifungal.

Thanks for letting me know about microwaving foods-- I didn't know that. I had no idea that it increases inflammation in the body. I don't eat too many raw foods except salads here and there. I seem to do ok with them. I take apple cider vinegar everyday and sometimes I get a bad stomach ache- like heartburn from that. I wonder if I should stop using it, but I use that on my salads with oil instead of regular vinegar because I am intolerant to vinegar according to the ELISA test.

Thanks again- I always am so glad to hear from you as you are so helpful and I appreciate that so much!!! (hug2)
fortyplusandred
I'm new here
I'm new here

Post by fortyplusandred »

Spencer: How do you take your supplements all at once, with food, without food, does it matter? Do you change up your supplements every couple of weeks? I also will be ordering the book. Glad things are working for you. I wish you continued good luck (clapping)
spencer
Star Member
Star Member

Post by spencer »

Hi! I am glad that this is working for you. I think that I may have candida too and am thinking of looking into a Candida Cleanse from Wholefoods. I just ordered the book that you recommended on Candida so i will read it and see what they recommend. I am looking into adding Grapeseed extract as an an anti-fungal but want to read the book first. I am nervous about experiencing "die off symptoms" but hope they won't be too bad. How long did your cheekbone rash last or the fatigue? I had a blood test about a year and a 1/2 ago that said I was negative for candida but that was before I went on my 8 month stint of antibiotics... that's why I think I may have it. Plus, are blood tests for candida all that foolproof?
We always have candida in our bodies, but it becomes a problem when it grows out of control. I think a stool test would be more fool proof, but I imagine your naturopath will know the best test to get. Be careful with the candida cleanse all-in-one kits or get some advice from a practitioner. This will help prevent "die-off" symptoms. I found that taking the enzyme product "Candidase" really helpful. It will help alleviate some of the symptoms. The fatigue lasted on and off for about 2 weeks. The rash is something I am still dealing with to a certain extent. I doubled up my fish oil so that I am taking 3000 mg a day and have found that that keeps the inflammation at bay, but I still have some tiny red bumps (papules?). Grapefruit seed extract is an excellent antifungal if you have no problems with citrus.

Congrats on being off of the sugar, grains, dairy and fruit! That's a huge accomplishment! You won't have to be on the diet forever, but try and stick it out for at least a month. You will find some great info in the book. It sounds like you're doing Phase II of the diet, which is the most challenging. Make sure you make up for the decrease in fiber in your diet with more vegetables.
My skin has been really flaky since cutting out all of the sugar, etc. and someone mentioned on another board that that might be a symptom of "healing" as they experienced that too when their skin was improving. Did that ever happen to you?
No, I have not had flaky skin but I have heard that this can be pretty common when you are detoxing. In fact, some report having almost an ashen appearance. I noticed some of the my symptoms would get worse, whether it was the itching or the sensitivity of my skin (my skin hasn't been this hyper sensitive in months!). But I think that upping the dose on the fish oil has helped. My skin is glowing, but it is a bit more red and irritated than usual. But I do notice that I can apply mineral makeup really easily and that I don't have to re-apply. It seems to indicate that the health of my skin is improving. Sensitivity be damned!
I have mentioned before that I am concerned about summer coming but deep down I know that a lot of this is anxiety and maybe some food intolerances and/or candida issues. If I could just get past the anxiety of it all then I think i could get over all of this. I will go into a warm place and think "OMG it's so hot in here, I am going to turn red" and pretty much psych myself out. They say that sun is a big trigger so of course I am nervous.. but then again, it doesn't have to be a trigger for me!! I mean, in all seriousness, I could be all right with sunscreen and a hat.. maybe I won't even NEED a hat! A lot of this is in my head-- I really am realizing the power of our emotions.
Like I said before, don't worry about the future months. I worried a lot and nothing ever came of it. All of that worrying for nothing! You'll work it out. And there is always air conditioning.
Well, I don't want to make this post all about me-- I really am glad that the candida diet is working well for you. I will let you know if/when I start it... the Candida book is in the mail so I need to read through it and see where to go from there. My diet is good right now- so maybe I won't need to do much more besides add an antifungal. I already increased my probiotics and cook with coconut oil which I read is an antifungal.
Yes, you can either add oregano oil, grapefruit seed extract, Pau D'Arco (which another member mentioned here), olive leaf extract (personal fave! also good for immune system and skin) or any of the other long list of anti-fungals you'll find in the book. You might also consider taking a prebiotic in the form of Larch bark or chicory. You can find this at the health food store. This is food for the probiotics and will help with the proliferation of beneficial bacteria. If the die-off symptoms are unpleasant, you can consider taking enzymes like Candidase. Make sure you keep the fiber high in your diet and drink plenty of water. Check out a lot of candida diet recipes online, but make sure they are at the specific phase you're at in your diet. I tried making something with coconut flour, for example, and it caused my symptoms to worsen and yet this food is okay for some candida diets. Just be sure to keep a journal and see if you can find a direct correlation with some foods and your symptoms.
Thanks for letting me know about microwaving foods-- I didn't know that. I had no idea that it increases inflammation in the body. I don't eat too many raw foods except salads here and there. I seem to do ok with them. I take apple cider vinegar everyday and sometimes I get a bad stomach ache- like heartburn from that. I wonder if I should stop using it, but I use that on my salads with oil instead of regular vinegar because I am intolerant to vinegar according to the ELISA test.

Based on your symptoms, you might want to hold off on the ACV for now. You may not have enough stomach acid in which case you might want to consider taking enzymes with hydrochloric acid. Or at least make sure you dilute it really well. Did you find the ELISA test gave you some other helpful insights?
spencer
Star Member
Star Member

Post by spencer »

Spencer: How do you take your supplements all at once, with food, without food, does it matter? Do you change up your supplements every couple of weeks? I also will be ordering the book. Glad things are working for you. I wish you continued good luck (clapping)
I am a bit of a supplement junkie, so this may not work for everyone. I usually take the anti-fungals (GSE, olive leaf, etc.) twice a day at any time of the day. I take the probiotics/prebiotics with or without food. I also take the Candidase enzymes at least 1 hour before a meal or 2 hours after 3x a day (during acute phase). I also take a homeopathic anti-fungal.

Other supplements I take are the following: whole food multi, vit. C, D, magnesium, fish oil, borage oil and Recovery by Purica (for knees and general inflammmation, includes MSM, glucosamine, green tea, grape seed extract, etc.) and spirulina (highly detoxifying!). I take these supplements when I have time, usually with meals.

I don't change my supplements that often. I do, however, switch up the anti-fungals. And I won't be taking the Candidase enzymes that much longer. It was just for the acute phase of the diet.

Thanks for the encouragement and hope everything goes well for you! :)
spencer
Star Member
Star Member

Post by spencer »

These foods are amazing for the skin and are great while on the candida diet. There are many other foods, but I am just mentioning the foods that I am currently eating and have had success with.

Vegetables - all great for juicing as well
chard
kale
collards
broccoli
cauliflower
cucumber
celery
red cabbage
red/orange/yellow peppers
nettles (makes a wonderful soup or pesto, but don't get stung!)
asparagus

Citrus
If you can tolerate citrus, lemons and limes are your best friend. They are highly alkalizing for the body. You can throw them in with filtered water, sparkling water (mineral water, preferably) or juice them with your veggies. Avoid pink grapefruit, as it can be a bit sweet and feed candida. White grapefruit should be okay.

Nuts and seeds

flax seeds
chia seeds
hemp seeds
pumpkin/sunflower, etc.
any nuts (except peanuts and cashews and some other nuts are excluded in the Candida Diet book)

Gluten-free Grains

Millet
Amaranth
Buckwheat
Teff
Quinoa

Dairy
3-4 eggs per week
Goat Whey Mineral Matrix - 3-4 servings per week (easier to tolerate than cow milk products)

Meats
Turkey
Chicken
Bison (once a week)
Salmon or white fish (1-2 x per week)

Oils
Coconut oil (extra virgin for cooking)
Olive oil and/or olive oil for dressing foods
Ghee (clarified butter)

Other
Seaweed - after having candida for some time, one can become depleted in minerals. Sea veggies have an amazingly high mineral content and can be good for the thyroid due to the high iodine content (especially of kelp. It also has an alkalizing effect, which makes it a good anti-fungal). I make a wakame salad (but with no sweetener). Look online for instructions. I also eat seaweed snacks, which you can find at the health food store (usually just toasted seaweed with olive oil and sea salt). I also sprinkle a blend of different seaweeds on my food.
Kale chips - You can make these in your oven or dehydrator. They are surprisingly delicious and good for you. I use lemon, onion, almond butter and sea salt and blend it up in the processor. I then marinade the green, curly kale variety, making sure to exclude stalks. I then put them in my dehydrator for a few hours. You can find a ton of recipes online for baking kale chips in the oven if you don't have a dehydrator.
Peacock
Star Member
Star Member

Post by Peacock »

Thanks Spencer, awesome post with solid information.I just got back from a 'lazy' week long vacation in which I decided I would let my diet 'slip' a bit and have some fun .....well, it turned into a 4 day long sugar and pasta and pizza binge and ice cream binge. I swear it felt like I was on a heroin high ! I lost all control and am now going thru detox (day 2).....You have mentioned many of the side effects of a poor diet, but here are the symptons that 'resurfaced' after only 3-4 days of a poor diet:
*Upon wakeup, feet swelled with pain. Bones actually 'hurt' despite no intense running or workouts.
*Little pockets of pain & irritation in my shoulder area...
*Intense carb cravings at around 2p each day....complete loss of sense of being "full"....
*Facial omplexion completely deteriated ! dry patches, redness and nose swelling.
*Asthma, slight 'weazing' came back.

For me, this experience provides even more proof of the need for diet over haul. This detox I am going thru will hopefully provide the inspiration to eat 'cleanly' in the future. Its horrible to "withdraw" from a sugar binge....

My question for you relates to the difficulty of making a dietary transition, particularly if the patient has a food addiction. Whether we want to admit ot or not, a majority of us have some sort of food addiction. Could you please offer your thoughts on the diffciculty of 'detox' ? What are some things people can expect when making a drastic diet change ? Should patients 'wean' off sugar first ? etc...

The candida diet is excellent, I am just looking to try and help people thru that extemely difficult transition phase.

Thanks
spencer
Star Member
Star Member

Post by spencer »

Hi Peacock,

Thanks for the feedback. Sounds like you had a "glorious" time indulging in some of life's greatest pleasures (ice cream, pizza, etc.). (;) At first, it appears that we can get away with it and then, 3-4 days later, wham! It hits! Interesting that your asthma and shoulder pain are linked to diet. It's just general inflammation, I guess. Same thing for me. If my knees are inflamed, there's a good chance my skin will be inflamed.

Well, I've just come back from visiting my naturopath and it looks like I will be doing this diet another month. I still have some symptoms that would indicate yeast overgrowth so I'm going to do it until it's under control. I am no longer taking yeast killers (e.g. olive leaf, oregano, etc.). Just the enzymes and probiotics. I will be giving up the probiotics next month. At this point, it is about supporting the immune system. As my ND explained, it's not the amount of yeast you have. There are people out there with far more bad yeast in their bodies, but they don't have symptoms. It's about how the immune system reacts to the yeast. She recommended taking higher doses of Quercetin (250-500 mg 3 x a day) to help the immune system and to help deal with possible allergens and/or food sensitivities.

The detox from a sugar addiction is difficult, yes, but it will only last for no more than a week. It's almost as difficult as quitting smoking for some, so it's not to be taken lightly. But the physical addiction, anyway, will go away after no more than a week. To prevent the difficult detox symptoms, I'd recommend flushing the body full of nutrients. Eat copious amounts of the nutrient-dense foods I recommend above and make veggie juices if one has a juicer. This will create fewer cravings, due to the fact that the body is getting what it needs at least on the physiological level (but not emotional!). Plan ahead. Always have snacks on hand like hummus and veggies, nuts and seeds, seaweed, grain-free crackers, kale chips, etc. I can suggest other things as well.

If a person has never tried a diet like this before and is eating a highly processed diet, I'd recommend easing into the diet gradually. Start with the Phase I diet mentioned in the Candida workbook. It includes too many foods to list here, but in a nutshell it allows all whole foods. This is less extreme than the diet I am on, because you are allowed fruits and sweeter vegetables (e.g. sweet potatoes/yams). You are still eating sugars but in a more natural form. I think this phase also allows for some alternative sweeteners (e.g. raw agave, coconut sugar) as well. I was on the Phase I diet for some time, with a few setbacks here and there, and when I switched to Phase II I didn't have too many detox symptoms. The only symptoms I had were fatigue, more itching, rash-prone skin, but these side effects only lasted for a day or two at a time. It could have been more due to the natural anti-fungals I was taking than to the diet itself. It will be interesting to see what happens over the next month without the anti-fungals. So far, I've noticed the texture of my skin is much improved. I have good color. Sensitivity in my eyes (dry, itchy feeling) has disappeared. I also don't get clogged pores as much. I feel clear-headed, less anxious or up and down, sleep is great...With all of the positive things, it's hard to get down when I have a few setbacks like the itchiness or rashes here and there. I keep reminding myself that it won't last forever.

How is your diet these days, Peacock? It's great that you at least know how much of an impact it has on your quality of life. As for anyone who is interested in this diet, first confirm with your practitioner that you have candida and then ease into it gradually. If you ease into it to fast, you will feel more rotten (headaches, fatigue, etc.). There's no rush. Remember if you have a processed diet at the moment, Phase I first! Even this change might be enough. You may not need to do Phase II. Sometimes not eating enough whole foods is the problem, not candida.
freeme3
Regular Helper
Regular Helper

Post by freeme3 »

spencer wrote:These foods are amazing for the skin and are great while on the candida diet. There are many other foods, but I am just mentioning the foods that I am currently eating and have had success with.

Vegetables - all great for juicing as well
chard
kale
collards
broccoli
cauliflower
cucumber
celery
red cabbage
red/orange/yellow peppers
nettles (makes a wonderful soup or pesto, but don't get stung!)
asparagus

Citrus
If you can tolerate citrus, lemons and limes are your best friend. They are highly alkalizing for the body. You can throw them in with filtered water, sparkling water (mineral water, preferably) or juice them with your veggies. Avoid pink grapefruit, as it can be a bit sweet and feed candida. White grapefruit should be okay.

Nuts and seeds

flax seeds
chia seeds
hemp seeds
pumpkin/sunflower, etc.
any nuts (except peanuts and cashews and some other nuts are excluded in the Candida Diet book)

Gluten-free Grains

Millet
Amaranth
Buckwheat
Teff
Quinoa

Dairy
3-4 eggs per week
Goat Whey Mineral Matrix - 3-4 servings per week (easier to tolerate than cow milk products)

Meats
Turkey
Chicken
Bison (once a week)
Salmon or white fish (1-2 x per week)

Oils
Coconut oil (extra virgin for cooking)
Olive oil and/or olive oil for dressing foods
Ghee (clarified butter)

Other
Seaweed - after having candida for some time, one can become depleted in minerals. Sea veggies have an amazingly high mineral content and can be good for the thyroid due to the high iodine content (especially of kelp. It also has an alkalizing effect, which makes it a good anti-fungal). I make a wakame salad (but with no sweetener). Look online for instructions. I also eat seaweed snacks, which you can find at the health food store (usually just toasted seaweed with olive oil and sea salt). I also sprinkle a blend of different seaweeds on my food.
Kale chips - You can make these in your oven or dehydrator. They are surprisingly delicious and good for you. I use lemon, onion, almond butter and sea salt and blend it up in the processor. I then marinade the green, curly kale variety, making sure to exclude stalks. I then put them in my dehydrator for a few hours. You can find a ton of recipes online for baking kale chips in the oven if you don't have a dehydrator.

Thanks, Spencer-- that is very helpful! Are you still following that diet?
freeme3
Regular Helper
Regular Helper

Post by freeme3 »

Hi Spencer,

I hope that you still are doing well! I apologize for taking awhile to get back to you.. I have some stressful things going on at home so I've been away from the forum for awhile.

I am doing a bit better skin-wise. I have been off sugar and grains for a few weeks now- had a slip up the past couple of days but am getting back on the horse! A lot of the pinkness was fading so I am glad about that. Maybe you can help me.. do you think that it's possible that i could just have food allergies/ intolerances? I mean, I know that I am intolerant to some foods (ELISA test), but maybe I don't have rosacea at all. I am hoping that your medical background can help explain to me why my skin flares up after eating lots of sugar and chocolate. I will wake up red the next day, but am not really flushing-- it's like delayed. Although if I drink alcohol, my face and chest will blotch out and i will look really red the next day. I feel like I have trouble with histamine-rich foods, but what is happening in my body that it shows up on my face?

i was out walking in the warmer weather a couple weeks ago when it was nice here and I did fine. My cheeks felt cool despite the fact that i was walking and it was hot out. I am going to a baseball game tomorrow and it is going to me mid 60's an sunny. I am nervous to go but will be wearing sunscreen and bringing a hat... but deep down I do believe that i will be ok.

I have not began a candida diet because I am still eating fruit and I don't believe that I can eat fruit. Is it possible that once I heal my gut and food intolerances that I won't have to be so strict on my eating and my skin will be ok? I feel like this is all coming from within (obviously because my skin looks redder if I eat bad foods. It's just daunting to think that I will always have to eat like this. If i do fall off of the wagon for a few days, my skin will hold up but then will begin to look pinker after showers, etc. What IS that? Inflammation in my body causing this?
We always have candida in our bodies, but it becomes a problem when it grows out of control. I think a stool test would be more fool proof, but I imagine your naturopath will know the best test to get. Be careful with the candida cleanse all-in-one kits or get some advice from a practitioner. This will help prevent "die-off" symptoms. I found that taking the enzyme product "Candidase" really helpful. It will help alleviate some of the symptoms. The fatigue lasted on and off for about 2 weeks. The rash is something I am still dealing with to a certain extent. I doubled up my fish oil so that I am taking 3000 mg a day and have found that that keeps the inflammation at bay, but I still have some tiny red bumps (papules?). Grapefruit seed extract is an excellent antifungal if you have no problems with citrus.
I do think that i am going to look into doing a stool test with my naturopath. He recommended that because of possible parasites. I was thinking about doing the Renewlife Parasite Cleanse but I am scared that my skin will get worse so I haven't done it yet. I think I do need to make another trip to my naturopath but he is just very expensive.

How is the rash on your face? I hope that it's better!

I see on the list of foods that you eat is quinoa. So you are OK with grains. I am on such a strict diet that i am unsure what foods are the culprits: obviously the ones that i am intolerant to- garlic, sulfites, etc.. but I don't know if it's the grains that bother me or the sugar or both. I guess i can try and add one in for a few days and see what happens. This whole skin stuff if very draining and tiresome. It's so annoying to continuously watch what you eat.

I've also been experiencing some bad GERD and constipation. I just ordered Mag 07 and betaine HCL to help my stomach issues. My stomach feels EXTREMELY FULL after eating and the I will get major heartburn. It got worse when i cut all grains because I guess I wasn't getting enough fiber. Part of me wants to go on a steamed veggie diet and maybe some applesauce so I can get my stomach feeling better.
No, I have not had flaky skin but I have heard that this can be pretty common when you are detoxing. In fact, some report having almost an ashen appearance. I noticed some of the my symptoms would get worse, whether it was the itching or the sensitivity of my skin (my skin hasn't been this hyper sensitive in months!). But I think that upping the dose on the fish oil has helped. My skin is glowing, but it is a bit more red and irritated than usual. But I do notice that I can apply mineral makeup really easily and that I don't have to re-apply. It seems to indicate that the health of my skin is improving. Sensitivity be damned!
When I fell a few days ago after being grain, sugar and dairy free, my skin stopped being so flaky but the pinkness crept back. I am eating better now but still a bit pinker than I would like it to be. I am mad @ myself for eating carbs and sugar again but I was just so constipated that i needed the carbs. That is great that your skin has been less sensitive than usual- so has mine. I just hate seeing redness after showers, but it fades but leaves a little pinkness in areas. I know that I can do it again because I was doing great for about 2 weeks with much less pinkness. YES-sensitivity be damned!!!

if this is just a food thing for me, why do you think it's just coming out now on my face? It's so confusing!
Based on your symptoms, you might want to hold off on the ACV for now. You may not have enough stomach acid in which case you might want to consider taking enzymes with hydrochloric acid. Or at least make sure you dilute it really well. Did you find the ELISA test gave you some other helpful insights?
I did find that the ELISA test gave me some helpful insight. I would probably still be eating dairy and some sulfites if I didn't have the test done. Same thing w/ beef-- I am moderately intolerant to that and used to eat it a lot. It did not say that I am intolerant to sugar or wheat but my body doesn't seem to like it at all as I wake up red after eating a lot of sweets.

I have dermatographic urticaria-- "Skin writing disease"-- my skin turns bright red and welt-ish looking of you scratch it. My dermatologist said that it has something to do with overactive mast cells and histamine.. that's one of the reasons why I think I may not have rosacea.. and maybe just some trouble with histmine. But why is it delayed redness?

Anyway- I hope that you are still doing very well and I look forward to hearing back from you! You have been so helpful to me (this whole board has)- thank yo so much! (hug)
spencer
Star Member
Star Member

Post by spencer »

Hi! I am still following the diet, yes. And I am eating grains, but only ancient grains in their whole form. No flour, pasta or bread, oats or flakes. Nothing processed. Just food in its whole form. I am glad that your diet is working for you. I discussed food intolerances in my other post: http://rosacea-support.org/community/vi ... =21&t=3632

The rash on my face is generally better, but my skin can get very sensitive at times. I think this is a detox reaction. Often, where it comes out in your face will determine where in your body you are having issues. The cheeks, for example, can indicate the stomach. Your symptoms indicate that you are not digesting food very well, so I hope the Mag 07 and betaine HCL helps. Probiotics can be very helpful as well. Prebiotics in the form of chicory (inulin) can help as well. Also, you might consider L-theanine. Don't forget essential fatty acids as well (e.g. fish oil and/or borage oil) and antioxidants (e.g. grape seed). Also, drink plenty of water to prevent constipation.

Don't do the parasite cleanse until you know for sure you have parasites. Even then, make sure you are doing it with a naturopath you trust.

Sometimes it can come out on the face simply because your immune system isn't doing its job. You might want to talk with the naturopath about adding in quercetin (250-500 mg 3x a day) to help you cope with the histamine reaction and the homeopathic remedy, histaminum 30C.

I have never heard of the "skin writing disease." Hopefully, it is easier to treat than rosacea. If the above suggestions do not work, it may be as simple as taking an anti-histamine. Hugs to you, too! (hug)