Acai Berry Capsules worth a try?

There is a lot of interest in how what you eat can affect your rosacea. Some foods can cause a flareup in rosacea symptoms. Also the makeup of your diet in general will affect your health for sure and also your rosacea.

Acai Berry Capsules worth a try?

Postby jenny » Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:43 pm

Hi I am thinking of trying Acai Berry Capsules (100% freeze dried), for a couple of months to see if it has any effect on my skin and colon health. It appears to be the new superfood, and appears harmless. Has anyone else tried it and had success? (thinking)
jenny
Apprentice Member
Apprentice Member

Re: Acai Berry Capsules worth a try?

Postby Peacock » Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:12 pm

Hi Jenny,

When I was going thru my trial/error food trigger period earlier this year , I noticed an issue with all berries.
I was/am a health nut and was consuming quite a high level of berries (including acai supplement). Without a doubt I found and still
find facial 'flaring' and a slight increase in oil when I eat berries....(including strawberries, blueberries, rasberry, etc...).

Now months later, I am reintroducing them 1x day per week (very low volume) without any flaring.

Just my opinion but there clearly is a new superberry "pitched" by marketers each year. i started keeping track a few years ago.
You are actually jumping on the Acai berry bandwagon a little late (2009).

2011 Cocunut Water Zico pure coconut water
2010 Pomengranate - POM Wonderful Super juice (FDA finally warned them about false advertising)
2009 Acai Berry - Natinwide ban on illegal marketing and weight loss claims
2008 Blueberry - Brain health for Alzheimer patients proved false
2007 Bok Choy - Superfood to cleanse the inner soul proved false

There currently are no proven medical trials that Acai berry will assist in treating Rosacea or fix Colon issues.

Be careful !!
Peacock
Star Member
Star Member

Postby spencer » Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:13 pm

It wouldn't do any harm. I've been drinking 100% pure acai juice for 6 months and have noticed that my skin is less prone to flushing and is less reactive. But I did not notice anything miraculous. There are other supplements or foods that might deliver the same benefits, but there is no denying that acai is king when it comes to antioxidants. I have had nothing but a positive experience with increasing my antioxidant intake. I'm also taking Grape Seed Extract and, occasionally, vit. C...not to mention, tons of collard greens, blueberries, broccoli, and other vit. C-rich foods. Be careful, though, what acai you go with. There are many companies on the market that exaggerate the health benefits of their products. And not all acai products are created equal. Hope it helps you!
spencer
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Peacock » Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:20 pm

Again, be careful. There is no scientific evidence to support any of the claims the marketers are making.I would be extremely
suspect of who is producing the Acai supplement. The Federal Courts are finally catching up to the scams. Here are a few links:

http://nccam.nih.gov/news/2011/042011.htm

http://www.tampabay.com/features/consum ... 115594.ece

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38958053/ns ... ot-weight/

Be careful !!!
Peacock
Star Member
Star Member

Postby jenny » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:15 pm

Thank you for your advice, I will give them a try, but maybe just 1 a day to see how I get on at first. I certainly dont like the idea of increased flushing so will use caution. I have chosen carefully and gone for 100% capsules we will see what happens, though like you I am sceptical that a miracle cure is out there :roll:
jenny
Apprentice Member
Apprentice Member

Return to Foods & Diet