No Dairy...so no cupcakes and other treats?

There is a lot of interest in how what you eat can affect your rosacea. Some foods can cause a flareup in rosacea symptoms. Also the makeup of your diet in general will affect your health for sure and also your rosacea.

No Dairy...so no cupcakes and other treats?

Postby justinafl » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:14 pm

I'm Just wondering. Some say Dairy like cheese and milk are trigger foods. Does that mean I have to stop baking and/or eating baked foods that contain either?

Thanks!
justinafl
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: No Dairy...so no cupcakes and other treats?

Postby LoisAnne » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:50 am

Dairy may not be a trigger for you so I would not give up baking and eating foods containing dairy until you have determined that dairy really is one of your triggers. Dairy does not bother me. I don't think sugar does either. Chocolate bothers me and I am sure there are other things but I just try for moderation in foods that are questionable. Hopefully others who have eliminated their food triggers will give you advice on the best way to do this. You might want to avoid dairy for a week and then have a glass of milk and see what happens. If nothing changes then you are probably not bothered by dairy. It would be a shame to deny yourself the fun of baking and the delight of eating what you have made if it is not necessary. JMHO (;)
LoisAnne
Accomplished Helper
Accomplished Helper

Postby oldredlady » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:56 pm

Agree with LoisAnne, triggers are an individual thing, what aggravates one person may not bother another. Sugar and dairy in moderate amounts aren't triggers for me, though sun/heat are; each of us is different that way.

Some members keep diaries to pinpoint triggers, you may want to consider this.

Best wishes,
oldredlady
Accomplished Helper
Accomplished Helper

Postby Mum3 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:47 pm

oldredlady wrote:Agree with LoisAnne, triggers are an individual thing, what aggravates one person may not bother another. Sugar and dairy in moderate amounts aren't triggers for me, though sun/heat are; each of us is different that way.

Some members keep diaries to pinpoint triggers, you may want to consider this.

Best wishes,

Hi
I also agree with this.
Many say that leaving out all flour and sugar helps. You could try it out. Same with coffeine (chocolate,coffe, tea).
I found is sooo difficult to not eat any flour at all so I still eay my finnish rye bread in the morning, but the rest of the day no flour at all.
Some times I do eat little flour when I bake I love baking and to taste what I bake (redface) , maybe twice a week. I still am trying to avoid it 100% but it sure is difficult.
Mum3
Mum3
Apprentice Member
Apprentice Member

Postby jenny » Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:40 pm

I agree with the above it does seem to be different for everyone. I have excluded Lacto from my dairy diet, using Lactofree milk/cheese/yoghurt/cream. Primarily for my IBS, (irritable bowel syndrome), but have found that it appears to help prevent major flare ups, (though could be my antibiotics working!). I have noticed that if I break from this and have normal milk or cheese my IBS starts again and my skin flares, with clusters of papules on my body! A coincidence or a link to gut problems? It certainly appears so, but as I am fairly new to Rosacea its too soon to know for sure. If you try excluding trigger foods for a while, then introduce them back slowley it certainly wont harm you, and you may find a link that helps you. Although I am sure though the odd cupcake wont hurt!
jenny
Apprentice Member
Apprentice Member

Return to Foods & Diet