Choccie Outbreak

There is a lot of interest in how what you eat can affect your rosacea. Some foods can cause a flareup in rosacea symptoms. Also the makeup of your diet in general will affect your health for sure and also your rosacea.

Choccie Outbreak

Postby mancunian_jay » Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:17 pm

I have been on Enthromycin for a month or so and after taking for a couple of week I noticed my skin was starting to improve and my face wouldn't burn has it did in the pas, Lastnight I had one piece of dark chocolate and today I can feel my face stinging and I have a few blotches, I am not sure if its a coincidence or that i'm allergic to some ingredient in the chocolate itself, I'm just curios if anyone else has noticed Rosacea becoming worse after consuming chocolate? :)
mancunian_jay
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: Choccie Outbreak

Postby fanny » Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:47 pm

Sadly one of the triggers for rosacea is chocolate, but its not true for everyone. Its often useful to keep a record of such outbreaks with a list of what you have been eating and drinking.
All the best
Fanny
fanny
Moderator Team

Postby mancunian_jay » Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:07 pm

fanny wrote:Sadly one of the triggers for rosacea is chocolate, but its not true for everyone. Its often useful to keep a record of such outbreaks with a list of what you have been eating and drinking.
All the best
Fanny

Yea I don't think I can handle the chocolate, I'm actually glad I can suss what's causing it because in past I didn't really think about triggers. I'll quit chocolate altogether I think and stick to fruit as a snack, Not sure if wine will cause a outbreak coz I love a few glasses at weekend but due to being on meds I aint touched it for a while, Thanks for your help Fanny :)
mancunian_jay
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby oldredlady » Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:08 pm

Agree with Fanny, everyone has different triggers, some can eat chocolate in moderation, while for others it's a definite no no. Keeping a diary of your triggers (both dietary and non-dietary) may be helpful in figuring out what your personal triggers are.

Best wishes,
oldredlady
Accomplished Helper
Accomplished Helper

Postby LoisAnne » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:35 am

For me chocolate is definitely a trigger. I can handle a small amount, like a few M&Ms or maybe one brownie (small) but a piece of cake or a chocolate bar will bring on papules within the next day or two. I love chocolate too so it is sad. :-( I think my papules just lurk beneath my skin waiting for me to eat chocolate so they can spring back out and hang around for a couple of weeks! This morning I took a chance and ate a couple of bites of cake with rich chocolate frosting. Now we will see if I get away with it. (shh)
LoisAnne
Accomplished Helper
Accomplished Helper

Postby oldredlady » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:42 am

Fortunately (or not, depending on how you view it diet-wise) I can eat chocolate in normal/moderate amounts without adverse effects, as in a chocolate bar or a piece of cake. The minute I eat the whole box, (yes, it happens, as I'm a major chocoholic), my skin goes crazy with p&ps, which is usually (but not always) a deterrent to such behavior. :)

Best wishes,
oldredlady
Accomplished Helper
Accomplished Helper

Return to Foods & Diet