Has anyone tried ingesting baking soda - water?

There is a lot of interest in how what you eat can affect your rosacea. Some foods can cause a flareup in rosacea symptoms. Also the makeup of your diet in general will affect your health for sure and also your rosacea.

Re: Has anyone tried ingesting baking soda - water?

Postby milkmaid » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:16 pm

Seems like it helps more when it is warm. The instructions on the box say to make sure it is completely dissolved. I am going to try cutting back to 1/4 tsp each time for a day and see what happens. I'll let you know if it still works.
milkmaid
Regular Helper
Regular Helper

Postby mel63 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:52 pm

playing devils advocate....even if it does work what good would it be if it can not be taken long term? It tastes very salty,does it increase your sodium intake?
mel63
Regular Helper
Regular Helper

Postby milkmaid » Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:39 pm

I had to stop, started giving me terrible indegestion. After some further research, I will resume in a few days only this time I will use smaller amounts in cold water and just sip on it here and there. Beware of using it according to the directions on the box-just be very carefull!!! And yes, my rosacea is coming back and I was concerned about the level of sodium over long term anyway. Too bad, my face hadn't looked that good in years.
milkmaid
Regular Helper
Regular Helper

Postby CrabbyCathy » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:16 am

LoisAnne wrote:Oh poo! I forgot about the baking soda! That is one of my problems, I get these suggestions from this list and plan to follow through and see what happens....and then I forget. :P At the moment I have a nice box of baking soda in the cupboard and a can of wheat bran on the counter....and applesauce in the refrigerator....and I forget to use any of them! So, back to the baking soda today!

That's me! With supplements and topicals too. Actually, my wheat bran is right next to me, and I STILL forget to eat it.
Cathy (makeup)
See my blog for tips and helpful links!
Please note: Any advice offered here is not meant to replace medical advice. Always see your dermatologist.
CrabbyCathy
Moderator Team

Postby milkmaid » Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:32 pm

I am still using this remedy, in the morning I pour a cup (about 5 oz) of water and add about 1/3tsp baking soda and sip on it throughout the day. A few sips before coffee. A few sips after breakfast. A few sips a couple hours later, a few after lunch, etc. Then I finish it before bed. This is not upsetting my stomach at all. If I start to flare it eliminates it within minutes (at times I have had to drink a little more) and has reduced the redness by 50% or more. I am going to stick with this for now as it is by far the best thing I have come across. My blood pressure has always been at the low end anyway and I will mention this to the doc next time I go and see what he has to say. Good luck all and lets pray for a cure!
milkmaid
Regular Helper
Regular Helper

Previous

Return to Foods & Diet