Wheat Bran

There is a lot of interest in how what you eat can affect your rosacea. Some foods can cause a flareup in rosacea symptoms. Also the makeup of your diet in general will affect your health for sure and also your rosacea.

Wheat Bran

Postby steven » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:31 pm

The summary of this post is that a little wheat bran every day in my diet practically eliminated my Rosacea symptoms. I sincerely hope this information can help some one else.

Details.
---------

Over a decade ago my Rosacea started and at its worst I was reading labels to avoid soy and dairy on everything I consumed. These were my primary triggers that if I consumed a tiny amount then either stress, a host of other foods and environmental conditions would cause more redness or pain on my face. After several years I stopped reading online forums and going to the doc for drugs or treatments as nothing really worked well for me. I was resigned to stayed away from certain foods, reduce stress levels and battle day by day with Rosacea.

The last battle of my decade war with Rocacea concluded over a 2 month period. During that time, I consumed a tablespoon of wheat bran (~$3 a bag at the grocery store) with breakfast - stirred into apple sauce and followed with a glass of water. I now consume that once or twice a week in yogurt as its tastier.

The results of the wheat bran addition to my diet were life altering for me. My redness entirely disappeared. As is typical of my personality, I tempted fate by having triggers and nothing happened. After experimenting I found that 1-2 pieces of pizza was fine but a whole pizza actually caused a very minor amount of redness that went away quickly. I may not be cured but I am extremely happy and content. I have gone from reading labels to enjoying eating out at restaurants.

I have been red and pain free for over 4 months and I have tried to disclose the relevant details, but if I have missed something or you have a query just let me know.
steven
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: Wheat Bran

Postby jenny » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:53 pm

Interesting Im so glad this has worked for you, why does wheat bran help?
jenny
Apprentice Member
Apprentice Member

Postby steven » Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:07 pm

It flies in the face of current traditional treatments that target the face but my face seems to be a symptom caused by something happening in my GI track. My belief is that a high acidic stomach from something I eat or stress combined with a low fiber diet is the cause of my Rosacea.

I have found than Zantac was able to moderate the acid level and hence redness from lifestyle errors but has been replaced with wheat bran as its more effective (and less money).
steven
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby jenny » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:15 pm

Thanks Steven will give it a try, getting desperate and anything that works for some is worth a chance.
jenny
Apprentice Member
Apprentice Member

Postby oldredlady » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:47 pm

Sounds interesting, as I have IBS I may well have acidic/digestive issues as well that are affecting my skin. Thanks for sharing, I may just give this a whirl. :)

Best wishes,
oldredlady
Accomplished Helper
Accomplished Helper

Postby LoisAnne » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:02 am

I am going to try this too. It has to be healthy even if it does not help Rosacea! I have always thought that somehow the digestive tract has something to do with rosacea.
LoisAnne
Accomplished Helper
Accomplished Helper

Postby CrabbyCathy » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:20 am

I bought some! Even if it doesn't work for me, it's healthy :)

Mine is from Safeway--Bob's Red Mill Wheat Bran. I even put a small bit in my mouth to taste; it's yummy!

My goat's milk yogurt turned out to be ick, so I'll try applesauce.
Cathy (makeup)
See my blog for tips and helpful links!
Please note: Any advice offered here is not meant to replace medical advice. Always see your dermatologist.
CrabbyCathy
Moderator Team

Postby oldredlady » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:39 pm

WTG Cathy! Let us know how it works for you. :)

(hug) to my twin,
oldredlady
Accomplished Helper
Accomplished Helper

Return to Foods & Diet