Recipes

There is a lot of interest in how what you eat can affect your rosacea. Some foods can cause a flareup in rosacea symptoms. Also the makeup of your diet in general will affect your health for sure and also your rosacea.

Recipes

Postby Seren » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:59 am

I was wondering if it might be ok to have a thread with different recipes listed?

At the beginning of each reply could be the name of the recipe and then followed by any specific details like:
Wheat/Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Egg free, etc etc

I had a very quick look and didn't find anything similar......but I didn't spend long so apologies if it has been done before.

Just thought it might be a nice idea to swap foodie type things as a lot of us seem to be experimenting with our diets in one way or another.
Lead me not into temptation.......I can find it myself!
Seren
Apprentice Member
Apprentice Member

Re: Recipes

Postby oldredlady » Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:30 pm

Seren, great idea! :) Maybe drop a PM to one of the mods. and ask if this could be done.

Best wishes,
oldredlady
Accomplished Helper
Accomplished Helper

Postby CrabbyCathy » Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:24 am

There was a thread that started out with one topic, and then some people shared some recipes within it. But I can't find it (rofl)

YES! I think that would be a wonderful idea. Sometimes when you can't eat dairy (me!), it's hard, and you first assume you can't eat anything, then you try to substitute soy milk in a recipe, and it comes out gross, etc. etc. A thread where people shared recipes and what worked for them, what tastes good, etc. would be wonderful.
Cathy (makeup)
See my blog for tips and helpful links!
Please note: Any advice offered here is not meant to replace medical advice. Always see your dermatologist.
CrabbyCathy
Moderator Team

Postby Seren » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:51 am

Stir-fried Chicken with Lime and Coconut

Dairy Free, Wheat Free, Gluten Free, Egg Free, Soya Free, No Added Sugar

I adore this Delia recipe, in fact I am a huge Delia fan. This is soooooo easy and full of flavour

Ingredients
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts - If you eat fish (because there is fish sauce in this recipe)...make it veggie by replacing the chicken with your favourite veggies :)
grated zest and juice 1 large lime
5 fl oz (150 ml) tinned coconut milk - (you can get reduced fat coconut milk too).
1 dessertspoon olive oil
1 green chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
1 dessertspoon Thai fish sauce - should be gluten free but check the label on lesser brands!
4 heaped tablespoons fresh coriander leaves
4 spring onions, cut into 1 inch (2.5 cm) shreds, including the green part.

Method
First of all chop the chicken into bite-sized pieces and place them in a bowl with the lime juice and zest. Stir well and leave them to marinate for an hour. When you're ready to cook the chicken, heat the oil in the pan or wok over a high heat, add the chicken pieces and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes, until they're golden.

Then add the chilli, stir-fry for 1 more minute, and add the coconut milk, fish sauce and half the coriander and spring onions. Cook for another 1-2 minutes, then serve with Thai fragrant rice and the remaining coriander and spring onions sprinkled over.

I love this with Thai sticky rice, but I also have it with gluten free pasta, although the rice tends to soak up all the lovely sauce a bit better.

I also add in fine green beans and small chunks of sweet potato (yams?) which add a nice addition to texture and colour.

Using just one chilli does not make this a hot dish (I am what is affectionally known as a curry muppet at home because I just can't eat spicy foods!) but you can use less if you wish.

Yum (yahoo)
Lead me not into temptation.......I can find it myself!
Seren
Apprentice Member
Apprentice Member

Postby oldredlady » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:26 am

Mmmmm, sounds yummy, will have to try this one. :)

Best wishes,
oldredlady
Accomplished Helper
Accomplished Helper

Postby MelissaB » Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:47 pm

Hi Everyone,

I work for a skincare line for rosacea called Riversol, and every Wednesday we have a holistic nutritionalist post a recipe that can be enjoyed by most (not all - may need modifications for some people). The series is called the Healthy Voyager.

I will paste a link to the page down below - and if anyone is interested in testing them out - feel free!

[link deleted]

there was one last week for a really yummy oatmeal - check it out too! (if your skin can tolerate oatmeal...)

:)
Last edited by David Pascoe on Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: deleted link to riversol's facebook page
I work for Riversol.
MelissaB
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby Peacock » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:16 pm

Melissa B,

Seems like your message is indirect advertisement/spam for Riversol.

Why not ask your management if they would just simply become a site sponsor of RSC ? This then would support all
the people and money it takes to keep this community alive. My guess is the cost (to legally advertise on RSC) is probably less
than what they are paying for you to post on Rosacea forum boards with your company brand name attached at the hip.

Considering the fact that Rosacea sufferer's are among the most victimized (false marketing/false claims) on the internet, would
agree that your posting's are a contributor ?
Peacock
Star Member
Star Member

Postby MelissaB » Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:15 am

Hi Peacock,

Thanks for your feedback. I wrote an intro post a while ago asking people to be sure to call me out if they ever felt like I was unfairly promoting the company that I work for.

My reason for posting here, and the reason that Riversol does a lot of things, is to provide a resource for people who may not otherwise have access to specific information that can help them. I know many people may have not seen a doctor yet or are waiting to get in (as the wait-list it typically a long one), that’s where I think that I can be of assistance.

If you have a look at my history of posts here on the site you'll find that I have been a contributor, and that in a small way I've been able to assist some people on their journeys.

I apologize that my last post came off as an indirect advertisement. I do my best to be up front about who I am and hope that in time you can see that I'm not looking to victimize anyone.

-M
I work for Riversol.
MelissaB
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby David Pascoe » Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:41 am

Hi Melissa,

The best place to promote your facebook pages really is on your own web site.

davidp.
Get Rosacea News here: https://rosacea-support.org
David Pascoe
Moderator Team

Postby MelissaB » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:37 am

Sorry David.

:)

-m
I work for Riversol.
MelissaB
I'm new here