Cheese

There is a lot of interest in how what you eat can affect your rosacea. Some foods can cause a flareup in rosacea symptoms. Also the makeup of your diet in general will affect your health for sure and also your rosacea.

Cheese

Postby redlizzie » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:31 am

I'd been having terrible papules for a couple of years. After coming on this site, I noticed some people having problems with cheese. I realized I was eating a lot of cheese. I tried going on a cheese free diet, and now, after several weeks, I am down to just a few papules. I haven't looked this good in years! I just wanted to say thank you to anyone who has mentioned cheese on here. Also, I was wondering if soy cheese is a good subsitute? Does anyone have soy cheese as a trigger? I know I have more triggers I need to find, but cheese was definetly a big one.
redlizzie
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: Cheese

Postby CrabbyCathy » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:29 am

I am one of those that canNOT have cheese, nor any other dairy. I have tried soy and rice cheese, but a) they tasted funky and b) almost all the brands I found had whey in them--from cows. Hello, defeats the purpose? I now eat goat cheese--found a nice gouda one at Whole Foods, and a fantastic "cheddar" that tastes like Monterey Jack at Trader Joe's. I also use goat milk to cook with, but with cereal, I like rice milk :)
Cathy (makeup)
See my blog for tips and helpful links!
Please note: Any advice offered here is not meant to replace medical advice. Always see your dermatologist.
CrabbyCathy
Moderator Team

Postby oopsiedaisy » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:47 am

redlizzie wrote:I'd been having terrible papules for a couple of years. After coming on this site, I noticed some people having problems with cheese. I realized I was eating a lot of cheese. I tried going on a cheese free diet, and now, after several weeks, I am down to just a few papules. I haven't looked this good in years! I just wanted to say thank you to anyone who has mentioned cheese on here. Also, I was wondering if soy cheese is a good subsitute? Does anyone have soy cheese as a trigger? I know I have more triggers I need to find, but cheese was definetly a big one.

---

Proceed with caution re: soy.

I recently eliminated all soy products from my diet after I read that, apparently, they are high in histamine and contribute to systemic inflammation.

I gave up cheese and tomatoes / tomato sauce this past winter, too. That was hard: I love pasta with tomato sauce and grated cheese. (speechless)
oopsiedaisy
Regular Helper
Regular Helper

Postby Arena » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:00 pm

I like cheese very much. And i used it in my breakfast...
Is there some issue in my dry skin due to cheese....
Arena
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby fanny » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:49 pm

Welcome
Cheese or any dairy product can be atrigger for rosacea symptoms, not, I believe, dry skin.
all the best
Fanny
fanny
Moderator Team

Return to Foods & Diet