Hypoglycemia diet - try it

There is a lot of interest in how what you eat can affect your rosacea. Some foods can cause a flareup in rosacea symptoms. Also the makeup of your diet in general will affect your health for sure and also your rosacea.

Hypoglycemia diet - try it

Postby Sally_ann » Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:02 pm

Hiya,

First post on here and first post on this section!

I just wanted to recommend cutting sugar and refined carbs out of yr diet to help with the flushes.

I have been following a fairly strict hypogylcemic diet for a month and have found that my energy crashes have hugely improved and in turn the flushy feelings that went with theis fatigue, have improved.

I have recently completed an adrenal test with a private doctor, to check my DHEA and Cortisol levels are as they should be. I should get the results of this in the next few weeks. In the meantime im going to carry on eating according to the plan and see if the improvement continues.

Hope this might help someone x
Sally_ann
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: Hypoglycemia diet - try it

Postby phlika29 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:10 pm

Sally ann

Is it a diet that is written down or is it just a case of cutting out as much sugar as possible and carbs as possible? I get really shakey when I start to get hungry and have to eat really quickly other wise I begin to feel faint/flushy.

I'm guessing that I would benefit from this aswell.

Sarah
phlika29
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Sally_ann » Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:17 am

Sarah, i think there are lots of books pertaining to the subject, i have bought one from the Dummie range and also have another one on its way.

It all makes sense to me and i have a feeling insulin has been running out of control in my body for years, certainly explains lots of symptoms that i thought were just 'me'. Ie excessive muscle and joint pain for my age, intolerance to loud noises and bright lights, fatigue, inability to deal with stress etc

It feel revolutionary to me right now! So i wanted to just say to have a read and just see if anyone can connect to the other symptoms this syndrome throws up, as i am quite sure there are people who think they have rosacea, who do not :?
Sally_ann
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby Aurelia » Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:55 am

Thanks for sharing, Sally ann. Glad to hear you're doing so well on it. Do please keep us informed of any changes - although we hope they will all be for the better. :D

Kind regards,

Aurelia
Aurelia
Rosacea Veteran
Rosacea Veteran

Postby phlika29 » Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:41 am

Sally ann

Whats tha ISBN number/name of the dummie book. I like those ones :D

Sorry about the colour just having a play
phlika29
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Sally_ann » Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:05 pm

ISBN 785555111332

:mrgreen:
Sally_ann
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby phlika29 » Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:15 pm

Cheers
phlika29
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Ally » Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:01 am

Hi Everyone,
This is my first post. I find it interesting has been said about hypoglyceamic diets. I have been trying to work out what food affect my rosacea for the past two years and just recently I have noticed that after having a white bread or pasta my skin becomes itchy and was wondering if this might be a trigger. I am certainly going to try this diet, thankyou so much for the tip. Also would just like to know if any of you suffer from the papopustular type of rosacea as this is what I mainly suffer from.
Regards
Ally
Ally
Apprentice Member
Apprentice Member

Postby Dan » Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:16 pm

Hi all,

FYI, we do have some information in the RSRP on this in the RSRP, including a couple of recent studies that suggest a low-glycemic-load diet may be helpful in acne as well:

RSRP: Foods Triggering a Large Insulin Response

Best of luck. Keep us posted on your results...
Dan
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Sally_ann » Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:07 pm

Ally wrote:Hi Everyone,
This is my first post. I find it interesting has been said about hypoglyceamic diets. I have been trying to work out what food affect my rosacea for the past two years and just recently I have noticed that after having a white bread or pasta my skin becomes itchy and was wondering if this might be a trigger. I am certainly going to try this diet, thankyou so much for the tip. Also would just like to know if any of you suffer from the papopustular type of rosacea as this is what I mainly suffer from.
Regards
Ally

I felt the same Ally! I knew that i would burn up after certain foods, but there didn't seem to be a link, but there was, it was sugar/carbs!

I am still doing really well. Have cut out milk to move it into Atkins induction as i would love to lose a stone. its so close to Atkins anyway that it is no real effort, aside from trying to get used to tea with water down cream instead of milk :shock:

My R takes the form of flushing only, no real P&P, but i do get pimples down my T zone which this diet certainly seems to be helping with :D
Sally_ann
I'm new here
I'm new here

Next

Return to Foods & Diet