Aloe Vera Juice

There is a lot of interest in how what you eat can affect your rosacea. Some foods can cause a flareup in rosacea symptoms. Also the makeup of your diet in general will affect your health for sure and also your rosacea.

Aloe Vera Juice

Postby NVpixie » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:17 pm

Have any of you tried drinking Aloe Vera Juice?

A co-worker of mine drinks it daily (not for Rosacea) and she says it tastes terrible, but I've been reading online it has many health benefits.

Has anyone found this to help their rosacea symptoms?
NVpixie
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: Aloe Vera Juice

Postby fanny » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:47 pm

Hi
Welcome to the site. I have no experience of whether drinking aloe vera juice helps with rosacea, however a lot of people swear by it. As in all cases I would try it and monitor results just in case you have a reaction to it.
Take care
Fanny
fanny
Moderator Team

Postby CrabbyCathy » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:00 am

Have you done a quick search, top right? :) I know there are a few posts/threads on the subject.

Here is one to get you started, with some links that lead to more

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1312&p=9349&hilit=aloe+vera+juice#p9349
Cathy (makeup)
See my blog for tips and helpful links!
Please note: Any advice offered here is not meant to replace medical advice. Always see your dermatologist.
CrabbyCathy
Moderator Team

Postby bellableu » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:46 am

Hi, my personal experience: I was drinking aloe juice daily for a while (at least a month?) at one point, a couple of years ago, as part of a general 'liver support/detox' effort. I saw no difference in my Rosacea symptoms at that time. :)
Subtypes I, II, IV - mild to moderate

“You do what you do because that’s what the harmony of the universe requires." ~ Ram Dass
bellableu
Moderator Team

Postby becca27 » Tue May 17, 2011 3:27 pm

I haven't tried drinking it but along my skin care quest I have applied it topically. (This was before I knew my problem was rosacea.) I bought an all natural, preservative free, etc. product. I had a HORRIBLE reaction to it. Dozens of teeny tiny bumps - so many that it almost looked like a rash. I don't know if it was another ingredient or the aloe itself, but it took a very, very long time to go away after I stopped using it. Recently, I read on WEBMD that Aloe can be helpful in many rosacea cases but for some people it's a trigger. :(
becca27
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby fanny » Wed May 18, 2011 1:42 pm

Hi
Some people cannot tolerate aloe vera, thats why a patch test is always advised. You can buy aloe vera mixed with honey or cane sugar at Trader Joes, it does not taste too bad!
All the best
Fanny
fanny
Moderator Team

Postby CrabbyCathy » Thu May 19, 2011 2:06 am

I had a problem with topical aloe juice because it contained citric acid.
Cathy (makeup)
See my blog for tips and helpful links!
Please note: Any advice offered here is not meant to replace medical advice. Always see your dermatologist.
CrabbyCathy
Moderator Team

Postby evilvillainess » Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:20 am

Hey,
I have tried drinking aloe vera for about 6 months in the past because I too was swayed by their claim of helping rosacea symptoms
I don't think it really helped in any way to lessen some of my rosacea symptoms but it may be just me
Though if you do try it out, I suggest mixing it with some juice to help mask the flavor (I used orange juice)
Hope that helps
evilvillainess ϋ
evilvillainess
I'm new here
I'm new here

Return to Foods & Diet