Almond Butter

There is a lot of interest in how what you eat can affect your rosacea. Some foods can cause a flareup in rosacea symptoms. Also the makeup of your diet in general will affect your health for sure and also your rosacea.

Re: Almond Butter

Postby CrabbyCathy » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:31 am

I saw sunflower seed butter at Trader Joe's. It tempted me but I didn't buy it :)

Thank you, Peacock!
Cathy (makeup)
See my blog for tips and helpful links!
Please note: Any advice offered here is not meant to replace medical advice. Always see your dermatologist.
CrabbyCathy
Moderator Team

Postby TheQueenCity » Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:51 am

Cathy--sunflower seed butter is sooo yummy! I have found that I can eat it in moderation, but not everyday. About every 3 days I can eat it! You should try it...it may not even bother you! It's yummy! (hug)

Chantel
TheQueenCity
Regular Helper
Regular Helper

Postby Nisreen » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:42 am

I am a vegan and looking for sources of protein. I had bad reactions to walnuts, and today I bought almond butter from Trader Joe's. Oooppps. My skin definitely does not like it. Will have to pass the jar on to a family member now. Seems like no nuts are safe. Don't know where to get protien now.
Nisreen
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby spencer » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:02 pm

Raw nuts have enzyme inhibitors, so it is recommended to soak them overnight and then bake them at a low temperature in the oven for up to 12 hours to dry them out. The fats in roasted nuts have been damaged, so this can have its own set of problems. You can buy raw nut butter, but make sure to take digestive enzymes with it. It may be that this is more a digestive issue than an actual allergy to nuts. Another thing to watch out for is whether you get organic nuts/nut butter or not. This can cause reactions, not to mention the mold in a lot of nuts (with peanuts having the highest!). Too bad it couldn't be more simple! (;)
BTW, when I soak the nuts and then bake I don't have a reaction. Normally, I'll get a bit of a rash along my jawline and a slight stomachache.
spencer
Star Member
Star Member

Postby spencer » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:04 pm

How about shelled hemp seeds or hemp butter? Amazingly nutritious...has a great amino acid profile with high amounts of Omega 3.
spencer
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Susanh43 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:34 am

I'll be interested to see if this works for you. When I started my diet for rosacea, I included almond milk in my smoothies. I ended up with a very red face and more breakouts than I'd ever had. After doing research, I found that almond milk is very high in Omega 6 fatty acids, which cause inflammation in the body...which I am guessing caused my symptoms. I quit the almond milk and within one week my skin looked much, much better.

Has anyone else had issues with almonds or almond products?
Susanh43
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby Angy79 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:30 pm

A few years ago I bought sweet almond oil because it's supposed to be good for dry skin. It broke me out.
34 year old female, diagnosed with rosacea nov 2007
Subtype 2 (p&p) with minor flushing (mostly stress/emotion related)
Subtype 4 (occular rosacea) / "meibomian gland dysfunction"
Angy79
Regular Helper
Regular Helper

Previous

Return to Foods & Diet