Almond Butter

There is a lot of interest in how what you eat can affect your rosacea. Some foods can cause a flareup in rosacea symptoms. Also the makeup of your diet in general will affect your health for sure and also your rosacea.

Almond Butter

Postby TheQueenCity » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:54 pm

Hi All! I have been eating lots of sunflower butter and I just saw sunflower seeds were high on the histamine list! (shocked) I had no idea! So...I've been looking for an alternative. I know peanut butter is out, so I was curious about Almond Butter. I can't seem to find much information on if almonds/almond butter is bad for us rosaceans! Anyone have trouble with almonds? Anyone not? All info is appreciated Thanks much! (wave)

Chantel
TheQueenCity
Regular Helper
Regular Helper

Re: Almond Butter

Postby shellylee » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:23 pm

I eat quite a few different kinds of nuts and haven't noticed anything from any of them including sunflower seeds. I eat slivered almonds on my salads at least three times a week. I think everyone reacts differently though.
shellylee
Apprentice Member
Apprentice Member

Postby bellableu » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:45 am

From http://www.digitalnaturopath.com/treat/T444777.html :

"While nuts do not contain histamine, they do contain histidine. Peanut, sesame, almond, pistachio, pine, and walnut have the highest levels of histidine among the nuts. Histidine, an amino acid, can be used by some gut bacteria to produce histamine. In other words, nuts can raise histamine levels indirectly. "

I can't vouch for the veracity of the site, but this was the most direct answer to the question I could find with a quick Google search. :)

If you're avoiding histamine foods, probably avoid nuts for a while and reintroduce one at a time to see the effect.
Subtypes I, II, IV - mild to moderate

“You do what you do because that’s what the harmony of the universe requires." ~ Ram Dass
bellableu
Moderator Team

Postby TheQueenCity » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:20 pm

Ok...thank you for the info! :) I bought some Almond Butter last night. I only ate a spoonful so we will see how it does! It's yummy so I hope I can tolerate it!
TheQueenCity
Regular Helper
Regular Helper

Postby bellableu » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:29 am

You're welcome - good luck! :)
Subtypes I, II, IV - mild to moderate

“You do what you do because that’s what the harmony of the universe requires." ~ Ram Dass
bellableu
Moderator Team

Postby TheQueenCity » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:46 pm

Update---I tried the almond butter & I also tried some almond milk. Last night, the side of my face along my jaw started itching and yep...I've got a itchy bump! :-( So looks like almond butter is a no-no for me! I'm going to try pumpkin seed butter next!! :)

Chantel
TheQueenCity
Regular Helper
Regular Helper

Postby markferrante » Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:52 am

[Spam post deleted by mods. Thanks, Peacock, for your vigilance!]
markferrante
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby Brook » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:31 am

For some reason I thought almond products were okay, but last night while I had a moderate flush going on in my cheeks and nose, I drank some almond milk, and started getting redder and swelling in my cheeks.
Interestingly, I've drank this in the morning before when my face was pale, and it didn't produce a flush....go figure.
Brook
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby Peacock » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:43 am

Warning !

I believe the posts by markferrante ---broad based nutritional help without concern for treatment of Rosacea---are an advertisement for an Online Food Course.

Hidden sales pitch for bogus online food course.
Peacock
Star Member
Star Member

Postby David Pascoe » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:35 am

Thanks very much for alerting us Peacock.
Get Rosacea News here: https://rosacea-support.org
David Pascoe
Moderator Team

Next

Return to Foods & Diet