Protein Supplements

There is a lot of interest in how what you eat can affect your rosacea. Some foods can cause a flareup in rosacea symptoms. Also the makeup of your diet in general will affect your health for sure and also your rosacea.

Re: Protein Supplements

Postby heather_d_lowe » Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:30 pm

Thanks Artist,
How has the protein effected you so far? Have you ever tried the rice. I have noticed that some of the rice protein is just plain brown rice not sprouted. Im still a little concerned about the fact that it is brown as well.(GTT)
What is the brand of soy that you use? Is it flavored or plain?

Heather
heather_d_lowe
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby Artist » Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:07 am

I switched to rice protein and I like it a lot better than the soy. It doesn't clump up and it tastes better. I've used it maybe five times now. I don't think it's causing any changes at this point. I enjoy boosting my protein this way, though.

Thanks for the tip!

Artist
Artist
Accomplished Helper
Accomplished Helper

Postby Aurelia » Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:35 am

Does this have to be drunk with water? Can it be mixed in with other foods, or is that not really an option if one doesn't bake?

Kind regards,

Aurelia
Aurelia
Rosacea Veteran
Rosacea Veteran

Postby heather_d_lowe » Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:15 pm

Hi,
I used to mix my protein in when I was baking cookies. Sounds weard but I would just substute with the dry ingredient. Like which ever type of flour you use. Just experiment.

Heather
heather_d_lowe
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby yumecouk » Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:10 pm

I haven't come across rice protein yet in my neck of the woods. Are you all buying it are your local store or can you recommend a place online (that hopefully delivers internationally)?
thanks,
eric
yumecouk
Apprentice Member
Apprentice Member

Postby Artist » Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:07 am

Aurelia: I just mix it with water. Baking is not an option with little Jack crawling around like mad these days :)

Eric: I get it at a local natural foods store. I bet you can do a search online and find it. I get plain rice protein, nothing added. No other ingredients. Just the plain kind. I think added ingredients cause me to flare up.

Cheers!

Artist
Artist
Accomplished Helper
Accomplished Helper

Postby yumecouk » Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:07 pm

thanks. I am only finding online stores that seem to deliver only in the US. I will keep looking for a European supplier.

Have you considered Hemp Protein? I get mine from these people in the UK but the product itself comes from Canada.
http://www.detoxyourworld.com/acatalog/ ... otein.html

It tastes quite good actually and is loaded with goodies.

eric
yumecouk
Apprentice Member
Apprentice Member

Postby Artist » Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:48 pm

I vaguely remember trying hemp protein years ago, but I didn't give it a good try. I think I may have flushed a little with it, but I think I was trying a few other things along with it, so I can't say for sure. From what I remember, it it supposed to be pretty nutritious. Does it affect your rosacea?

Cheers!

Artist
Artist
Accomplished Helper
Accomplished Helper

Postby yumecouk » Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:47 pm

no, it actually does not affect my rosacea, good or bad. The problem i think is that i don't use it as a substitute for carbs. I just eat it in addition. Which means that my carbs intake is still the same...but at least, Hemp protein is indeed very nutritious...
yumecouk
Apprentice Member
Apprentice Member

Postby Twickle Purple » Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:45 pm

I have always needed to rotate my protein powders because the reactions they give me become to difficult to ignore. I found that Rice Protein is the easiest on my system but even so I can only go so long til I need to switch. I have recently come across a brand that absolutely gives me no reaction (gut, skin or flush)! I am thrilled. I feel like a bit of a dolt too.

It was time to change, my stomach would ache intolerably and I was flushing, so on a whim I picked up a brand of rice protein just to try til they restocked the soy protein. It turns out that I learned a valuable lesson -- little Miss "I Read My Labels" wasn't doing her homework!

I figured all organic rice protein was created equal, not so. This brand (North Coast Naturals) was "The only rice proteins not from chemical extraction. Rather, ... is derived from a cold press, water extraction/milling process that does not use solvents or hexane (hexane is commonly used in virtually all other rice protein processing)." The words Chemical extraction had me smacking my forehead.

So, while it took me only 5 years, I think I've finally found something I can consume over a long period of time with no ill effects.
Twickle Purple
Regular Helper
Regular Helper

PreviousNext

Return to Foods & Diet