Favourite rosacea-friendly food

There is a lot of interest in how what you eat can affect your rosacea. Some foods can cause a flareup in rosacea symptoms. Also the makeup of your diet in general will affect your health for sure and also your rosacea.

Re: Favourite rosacea-friendly food

Postby Lisamouries » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:39 am

Glad I could help. I came out with the microwave idea because of the draft issue. I have also in the past put a bowl of boiling water in my cold oven and put the bread to prove there but the microwave technique is really quick, which is a good plus point when the bread procedure itself uses a lot of time already.

I will try your coconut rice pudding though as it sounds quite yummy.
Lisa M.
Lisamouries
Moderator Team

Postby Jenny Nairn » Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:04 am

Simple Omelette

Ingredients:
2 - 3 eggs (free-range best, I have my own chickens)
Finely chopped garlic knob (just one section)
Finely chopped 1/2 onion
Coconut or Olive Oil (about 1/2 tablespoon)
Butter (about 1/2 tablespoon or a little less)
Ocean sea Salt to taste
Ground black pepper to taste

Method:

Beat eggs
Place oil of choice and butter to pan on low to medium heat until melted
Add garlic and onion and saute
Season with ocean sea salt and ground black pepper
Add beaten eggs
Cover with another pan/plate or whatever you have that can cover the cooking pan, this will help the eggs to set
You may need to turn the temperature up a little higher, but not as to burn
Take the cover off, fold the omelette over once from one side to the other, making a semi-circle shape
Allow to sit for a minute or so in the pan
Turn the folded omelette over to complete the cooking for about a minute
(It's ok to have a little bit of 'under-cooked' egg)

Serving

Serve your omelette with a side salad - your choice

Quick and simple.

You can also add tomotoes, if you like. I know some people don't believe tomatoes are good for Rosacea, as they contain Niacin but it is my belief that we do need Niacin in our diet, as it helps to flush out the heat. If you add 1/2 a diced tomato, put it in with the garlic and onion. Most of the tomato will kind of 'melt' in with the other ingredients, before adding the eggs.
Jenny Nairn
Regular Helper
Regular Helper

Postby Aurelia » Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:09 pm

Hi Jen,

The omelette recipe looks good and reminds me irresistably of the way we now usually cook scrambled eggs with coconut oil, imparting a lovely, light tropical flavour. Scrambled eggs a la Jen. :)

Thanks,

Aurelia
Last edited by Aurelia on Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed comment about ingredients
Aurelia
Rosacea Veteran
Rosacea Veteran

Postby Auburn » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:35 pm

Lisa, guess what? I just took a very delicious looking stuffed bread out of the oven that looks exactly like the one in the photo you linked to! (dance2)

I had different things in the fridge that needed to be used up and I was going to add some lovely Brie but (shh) I forgot so no cheese in this bread :-( - I'll be sure to remember next time.

This is such an easy thing to make, even shaping the ring was no problem at all. I can't wait to taste it.

Thanks again for posting the recipe! (hug)

Treated seb derm successfully with raw honey and virgin coconut oil and have been symptom-free since June '09.
Follow this --->link<--- for details.
Auburn
Regular Helper
Regular Helper

Postby Lisamouries » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:08 am

That's great Auburn. I make this bread when I do dinner parties or on picnics and it's always so successful. It's just so easy to make.
Jamie actually made one filled with nutella and slightly roasted hazelnuts which is not on his recipe book... He flattened the dough even more than for the stuffed salty one, rolled it up as a long flat sausage and then rolled it up again as a big snail. Put some cinnamon and ice sugar on top and whacked it the oven for 20mn. Looked delicious, but maybe not so good for our skin...
Lisa M.
Lisamouries
Moderator Team

Postby SouthernMoss » Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:39 am

I'm not much of a cook, but everyone's recipes may just inspire me to give them a try! They all sound divine!
SouthernMoss
Moderator Team

Postby Auburn » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:40 pm

One more post about that wonderful stuffed bread, if I may.

I made it early in the afternoon and by dinner time it was slightly warm inside. Let me tell you, everyone should give this bread a try. It's absolutely lovely and the fact that you can use whatever you like and/or needs to be used up makes this recipe a real keeper. However, if you follow the original recipe, you'll end up with a very big bread, perfect for picnics or family reunions but way too much for a small household so I have a couple of suggestions:

If you already make your own bread or pizza dough, just use that (that's what I did). You'll have approximately half of the dough the original recipe calls for and your stuffed bread will feed four plus you'll have even tastier leftovers for lunch. :)

If you've never made bread before, don't let that stop you from trying this very tasty recipe. Just get a bag of pizza dough from the supermarket deli, let it warm up to room temperature then roll out, stuff and proof before baking.

Next time I make this bread, I will simply bake it in the shape of a log/baguette instead of shaping it into a ring. It won't look as pretty, I'm sure, but I think it will be easier to cut into thinner slices.

Mossy, you have got to try this bread. You'll love it! (nod)

Treated seb derm successfully with raw honey and virgin coconut oil and have been symptom-free since June '09.
Follow this --->link<--- for details.
Auburn
Regular Helper
Regular Helper

Postby TheQueenCity » Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:23 pm

Hi All! (wave)

Well, I don't actually have a recipe to post, but thought I would share this helpful tidbit my aunt informed me about. When you bake cookies & cakes you can substitute apple sauce for the oil!! I always use it in my cakes & cookies. It always makes the cakes super super moist! It works great! I get the organic with no sugar added! Hope this helps! :)

Chantel
TheQueenCity
Regular Helper
Regular Helper

Postby Lisamouries » Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:20 pm

Apple sauce hey. That sounds real interesting.
Lisa M.
Lisamouries
Moderator Team

Postby TheQueenCity » Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:40 pm

Hi Lisa! Yes...it works really great! I use to always wonder how she got her cakes soooo moist! She made one at my house once when she was visiting and I was like ahhhhh! I see! So now, anytime I bake anything that calls for oil, I substitute with apple sauce! :)
TheQueenCity
Regular Helper
Regular Helper

PreviousNext

Return to Foods & Diet