granary bread/white bread

There is a lot of interest in how what you eat can affect your rosacea. Some foods can cause a flareup in rosacea symptoms. Also the makeup of your diet in general will affect your health for sure and also your rosacea.

granary bread/white bread

Postby samantha » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:56 am

Ive heard that you should avoid strong brown bread if you have rosacea but can I eat granary or white bread?
samantha
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: granary bread/white bread

Postby Auburn » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:46 pm

Hello Samantha (wave),

When you say "strong brown bread," you mean 100% whole wheat bread?

Bread made with granary flour is very healthy, because of the sprouting/malting process, and a lot easier to digest than bread made with white flour. I don't have access to granary flour, unfortunately, but I've started making my own 100% whole wheat bread soaking the flour for 24 hrs which neutralizes phytic acid and makes the grain far more nutritious and digestible - the method produces a lovely bread with a soft crumb. If you have the time and the inclination to make your own healthy bread, I'll be happy to share the recipe.

By the way, just so you know (assuming you are in the UK), unfortunately, all of Hovis breads, including their granary bread, have soy flour -a common allergen- in them.

HTH. :)

Treated seb derm successfully with raw honey and virgin coconut oil and have been symptom-free since June '09.
Follow this --->link<--- for details.
Auburn
Regular Helper
Regular Helper

Return to Foods & Diet