Egg Advice

There is a lot of interest in how what you eat can affect your rosacea. Some foods can cause a flareup in rosacea symptoms. Also the makeup of your diet in general will affect your health for sure and also your rosacea.

Egg Advice

Postby samantha » Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:06 pm

Im on a diet to lose weight. I have porridge for breakfast and I am fine with this, but Im starving 3 hours later. What breakfast is low calorie that will keep me full till lunch? I know eggs for breakie are good, but Im not sure about eating them if you suffer from Rosacea. All advice would be fab. Thank you
samantha
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: Egg Advice

Postby SouthernMoss » Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:16 am

Eggs are not one of the more common rosacea triggers. But of course, every rosacean is different, so we can never say "never" on any food trigger. Give them a try and watch your rosacea to see if it reacts. Hopefully, it won't. :)
SouthernMoss
Moderator Team

Postby BrandyF » Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:02 am

I eat 4 egg whites every morning and dont seem to have any flair ups. Try it! Good Luck!
BrandyF
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby CrabbyCathy » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:20 am

I eat an egg almost every morning, and I'm fine too!
Cathy (makeup)
See my blog for tips and helpful links!
Please note: Any advice offered here is not meant to replace medical advice. Always see your dermatologist.
CrabbyCathy
Moderator Team

Postby GJ* » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:16 pm

There will come a point when the spammers are rather more helpful than the members.. ;)
GJ*
Regular Helper
Regular Helper

Postby Aurelia » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:19 pm

GJ* wrote:There will come a point when the spammers are rather more helpful than the members.. ;)

Really??? Care to put your money where your mouth is, Mister? :)

Anyway, I have deleted the multivitamin spammer's post, so your message stands alone and seems even more wryly cryptic than usual.

Kindest regards,

Aurelia
Aurelia
Rosacea Veteran
Rosacea Veteran

Postby Jenny Nairn » Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:38 am

LOL I had to read back to see who was spamming! Glad you cleared that one up, Aurelia!

I have no problems with eggs. I have learnt that eggs contain a good amount of protein, good fat and low in carbs. Perfect combo.

You may not like this idea but you could try it if you like...

Grab yourself a blender
Crack 2 or 3 eggs into it (free-range are best)
Add a tablespoon of a good quality unsalted butter
Sprinkle of a good quality ocean sea salt (the good natural salt - unprocessed)
Whizz it all together and drink

If it tastes awful to you (as probably for most), add in some natural yoghurt, a banana and/or some berries for flavour. Kind of like Egg Nog without the alcohol.

This should keep you full even past lunch time.

Please do let me know if you try it. Feedback would be great.

Jen
Jenny Nairn
Regular Helper
Regular Helper

Postby LoisAnne » Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:56 am

You aren't afraid of salmonella from raw eggs? I thought raw eggs were a total "no no" due to bacteria. Since I don't eat meat, I like to eat eggs now and then for protein (have to watch the cholesterol, however) but I always cook them.
LoisAnne
Accomplished Helper
Accomplished Helper

Postby Jenny Nairn » Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:36 am

I'm not afraid of salmonella. I have 8 chickens and know that the eggs are as fresh as they possibly can be - fresh from the chooks' bum to me! LOL If it worries anyone else, add a small amount of boiling water to the blender in order to par cook the eggs.

I read about an elderly bloke who ate around 20 eggs a day. His cholesterol was lower than those of similar age who did not eat as many eggs a day. Through other reading I have done over the years, I do not believe that eggs create a problem with cholesterol levels. I do not believe that all we read about diet in the media is correct. That is, the diet pyramid should be turned up-side-down to maintain a truly healthy body.

Just my opinion from what I have read.

Jen
Jenny Nairn
Regular Helper
Regular Helper

Postby LoisAnne » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:32 pm

Okay, since you have your own chickens, I can see why you are not worried. I would love to have some chickens in the back yard, I grew up with chickens and like them, but we have not figured out how to do it yet. Maybe one of these days.
LoisAnne
Accomplished Helper
Accomplished Helper

Return to Foods & Diet