loosing weight fast....

There is a lot of interest in how what you eat can affect your rosacea. Some foods can cause a flareup in rosacea symptoms. Also the makeup of your diet in general will affect your health for sure and also your rosacea.

loosing weight fast....

Postby pari » Mon May 18, 2009 6:16 am

hi since 1 mth i m taking doxy,,, n i ve stopped taking dairy products,sugar, white bread,spicy food, sauces n......may b bcoz of this i m loosing wt very fast....i m vry thin now bt dnt want 2 b thinner......
i m particular abt brkfast,lunch n dinner....still i m loosing wt...plz suggest something for this............
daily im eating 1 apple....i jst read here it contains salicyclic acid n it is bad for rosacea......
n also some website said u should eat alkaline food......some said u should avoid lemon(topmost alkaline fruit)......its so contradictory.............
n also abt berries...here in india we dnt get berries easyly bt...we get mixed berry juice ....is it good for skin?????????????????

what causes rosacea????....acidic food,high carbohydrates,gluten,,,,,,,,,,,,,,why thr is not 1 guideline for this.............
(tears)
pari
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: loosing weight fast....

Postby CrabbyCathy » Mon May 18, 2009 8:33 am

No one really knows what causes rosacea; triggers, and medications that help, vary so much between individuals. It's really trial and error, unfortunately, to find what works for you.

You don't have to be so strict with your diet, I don't think--you want to still be able to enjoy food! Why don't you try introducing one thing at a time back into your diet, paying close attention to see if there are any changes in your skin within a few days? Like I said earlier, I have to be very careful with what I eat, but my best friend eats anything her heart desires, and her rosacea does not flare. The only thing that might make her skin a bit worse is getting very hot, but that's it.

I think you might be reading too many things at once; there are so many suggestions, theories, diets, topicals, pills out there for rosacea, and you can't try them all at the same time, not to mention that some are so absurd with their claims. I would start with just watching out for the "typical" rosacea triggers, and you'll soon find out what you can and cannot eat.

(hug2)
Cathy (makeup)
See my blog for tips and helpful links!
Please note: Any advice offered here is not meant to replace medical advice. Always see your dermatologist.
CrabbyCathy
Moderator Team

Return to Foods & Diet