Circles under eyes? food allergies?

There is a lot of interest in how what you eat can affect your rosacea. Some foods can cause a flareup in rosacea symptoms. Also the makeup of your diet in general will affect your health for sure and also your rosacea.

Circles under eyes? food allergies?

Postby Julie » Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:51 am

Hey All,

About 6 months ago i started to have dramatic circles under my eyes, and i just had my first rosacea outbreak last month. I am wondering if many people who have rosacea also have circles under their eyes, and if this could be attributed to food allergies. I have quit dairy for three weeks now, and have not noticed a difference in the circles under my eyes or my rosacea. Just wondering if this is a common symptom many of us share or a seperate issue from my rosacea?
Thanks for the input.

~Julie
Julie
Apprentice Member
Apprentice Member

Re: Circles under eyes? food allergies?

Postby CrabbyCathy » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:56 am

Hello there!

I don't eat dairy either (except for chocolate now and then), and still have dark circles when tired, or sometimes just because. I'm very fair, too. I do get them more now that I'm older, but it's something I've always had, even before rosacea.
Cathy (makeup)
See my blog for tips and helpful links!
Please note: Any advice offered here is not meant to replace medical advice. Always see your dermatologist.
CrabbyCathy
Moderator Team

Postby SouthernMoss » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:07 pm

I have dark circles, too. I've had them all my life, got them from my mother, and have passed them on to my daughter.

I'm very fair, and as I get older and the undereye skin gets thinner and more fragile, they show up even more. They're most noticeable in the spring with allergies (hence the term "allergic shiners"). Of course, my busy time at work is in the spring too, so that's another contributing factor.

I asked my derm about them last month when I visited him. His answer ... concealer! :roll: He said there are a lot of products out there, and certain people MAY have success with certain products, but that it's pretty much a waste of time to keep trying things. Not really the answer I wanted, but pretty much a validation of what I had already discovered on my own.
SouthernMoss
Moderator Team

Postby CrabbyCathy » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:48 am

Concealer! Like we didn't know that; did you feel like saying "uh, thanks, Doc!"? (rofl)

I have two very, very fine lines under each eye, and concealer or powder makes them noticeable. Grrrrrr.
Cathy (makeup)
Please note: Any advice offered here is not meant to replace medical advice. Always see your dermatologist.
CrabbyCathy
Moderator Team

Postby yoli » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:53 am

Cathy which concealer do you recommend? I don't use any make-up but actually i would like to start trying to see if I can use some kind of make-up. Thank you
yoli
Star Member
Star Member

Postby CrabbyCathy » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:22 am

For under the eyes or in general? I guess it doesn't matter, since both of these are good, ha ha.

Bare Minerals Well Rested, or Lancome Effacernes Waterproof Corrective Undereye Concealer. I have a feeling the ones by Mineral Silk are going to be even better, but I still haven't tried the little samples I ordered.
Cathy (makeup)
CrabbyCathy
Moderator Team

Postby yoli » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:50 am

Cathy, where can i get those?
yoli
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Lisamouries » Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:51 am

Yoli. You can get Lancome Effacernes Waterproof Corrective Undereye Concealer from the Lancome counter in department stores or you can order it online.

I think you buy the mineralsilk products from their own website:
http://www.mineralsilk.com/
Lisa M.
Lisamouries
Moderator Team

Postby yoli » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:51 pm

Lisa, I am a little concern that it might dry too much my skin do you know if mineral make up tend to do that?
yoli
Star Member
Star Member

Postby CrabbyCathy » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:37 am

Hi Yoli! I just decided to scroll through "my posts" and saw that I missed this. Thanks Lisa for the catch.

I know you're going to try the Lancome with the brush. The Mineral Silk did feel a bit dry, but I don't think I moisturized well enough beforehand. I am going to try again. You need to moisturize well before any foundation/concealer, anyway, so it's okay.
Cathy (makeup)
CrabbyCathy
Moderator Team

Next

Return to Foods & Diet