Enzymes, Indian foods, vinegar

There is a lot of interest in how what you eat can affect your rosacea. Some foods can cause a flareup in rosacea symptoms. Also the makeup of your diet in general will affect your health for sure and also your rosacea.

Enzymes, Indian foods, vinegar

Postby Ann Alice A. » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:12 pm

Hi Everyone,
Would anybody be able to recommend a reputable brand of digestive enzymes? I've had digestion problems for years, and after reading the connection between this & rosacea, plus reading about this supplement in one of the rosacea books, I'd like to buy a good & safe brand.
Also, I've heard that Indian food cools the body down, so I wonder how that would tie in with rosacea and spicy foods (alas,I love spicy foods!)
BTW, my boss (who doesn't have rosacea but other health issues) can't have vinegar on her salads, so she suggested verjuice and said it tastes rather nice (it can be bought on Amazon), so I decided to order a bottle. It's expensive and the shipping is more than half of the cost, but I eat a salad everyday at work, and can't imagine having it with just oil. Any ideas?
Sorry for the multiple topics, but I just had to get this going. Many thanks for your input.
-Ann
Ann Alice A.
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: Enzymes, Indian foods, vinegar

Postby Artist » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:29 pm

Have you tried using olive oil and a small squeeze of fresh lemon on your salad? I do this all the time. It's super healthy and very good. It's also easy to request at restaurants.

Cheers!

Artist
Artist
Accomplished Helper
Accomplished Helper

Postby Ann Alice A. » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:00 pm

Thanks Artist -
I thought I read that citrus was a trigger, but then again, it depends on the individual. But if it works for you and vinegar winds up being a definite problem for me, I'll try it - I love lemon & olive oil!
-Ann
Ann Alice A.
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby CrabbyCathy » Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:46 am

Ann Alice A. wrote:Hi Everyone,
Would anybody be able to recommend a reputable brand of digestive enzymes? I've had digestion problems for years, and after reading the connection between this & rosacea, plus reading about this supplement in one of the rosacea books, I'd like to buy a good & safe brand.
Also, I've heard that Indian food cools the body down, so I wonder how that would tie in with rosacea and spicy foods (alas,I love spicy foods!)
BTW, my boss (who doesn't have rosacea but other health issues) can't have vinegar on her salads, so she suggested verjuice and said it tastes rather nice (it can be bought on Amazon), so I decided to order a bottle. It's expensive and the shipping is more than half of the cost, but I eat a salad everyday at work, and can't imagine having it with just oil. Any ideas?
Sorry for the multiple topics, but I just had to get this going. Many thanks for your input.

-Ann

I love Udo's Choice; when I take it, my skin looks better, provided, of course, that I avoid triggers, etc. I think I take the Adult Blend, but hey now, I just saw an Anti-Inflammatory Blend! http://udoerasmus.com/products/digestive_enzymes_en.htm#anti

For me, I can't have indian food any longer because of the spice, but if that's not your particular trigger....interesting.
Cathy (makeup)
See my blog for tips and helpful links!
Please note: Any advice offered here is not meant to replace medical advice. Always see your dermatologist.
CrabbyCathy
Moderator Team

Return to Foods & Diet