responding to notices

This forum is for talking about the forum itself. No rosacea discussions here, just what you do and don't like about how this site looks and feels.

responding to notices

Postby LoisAnne » Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:46 pm

It is puzzling to me that when I receive the "advanced" notice that a topic I have been interested in has a new posting, I can usually click on the link and go right to the new post. However, now and then (and twice this morning) I will get a notice that says I am not authorized to view that topic. Why would this happen if I have been approved to receive the notice? Just wondering.
LoisAnne
Accomplished Helper
Accomplished Helper

Re: responding to notices

Postby David Pascoe » Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:45 am

Hi LoisAnne,

This is because the new post has been classified as spam already and is hidden from view. Sometimes we just delete the spam post and other times we move it away to hide it.

Lately we have been getting a lot of people joining just to post spam links. It is very frustrating to all of the moderators as it wastes so much of our time.

There are no easy solutions to this problem - we want the forum to be easy to join and use and easy to find help from other rosacea sufferers so we don't want to lock down new members. Thus the spam leaks out and we have to go and clean up afterwards.

davidp.
Get Rosacea News here: https://rosacea-support.org
David Pascoe
Moderator Team

Re: responding to notices

Postby LoisAnne » Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:19 am

Oh, I never would have thought of that! Thank you, David. This forum is wonderfully easy to use and I appreciate that. :)
LoisAnne
Accomplished Helper
Accomplished Helper

Return to Forum Administration