where did these ads come from?

This forum is for talking about the forum itself. No rosacea discussions here, just what you do and don't like about how this site looks and feels.

where did these ads come from?

Postby LoisAnne » Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:24 am

I just noticed today that in between forum postings there are little blue lined ads that give links to visit. What surprised me that while two seemed to be links to facial products, one is for a local dermatologist! So, I have to assume that these ads are targeted just to me or people in my area? Do people living in other areas have ads for their local derms? The ads don't bother me, I am not complaining, but just curious.

LoisAnne
LoisAnne
Accomplished Helper
Accomplished Helper

Re: where did these ads come from?

Postby oldredlady » Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:15 am

Yes, I see the ads as well, I'm not sure why, but they don't really bug me.

Best to all,
oldredlady
Accomplished Helper
Accomplished Helper

Postby David Pascoe » Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:20 am

Traditionally ads on forums don't work very well, they tend to be not particularly relevant or interesting to visitors to the site. So this is a trial to see what gets served and whether they are a distraction etc.

Google can tell where approx. you are located and if a local advertiser is asking for local traffic they might serve up something that only people in that area get to see.
Get Rosacea News here: https://rosacea-support.org
David Pascoe
Moderator Team

Postby LoisAnne » Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:24 pm

Thanks David, I don't really find them distracting but I know that I will just ignore them so don't know how valuable they are to anyone.
LoisAnne
Accomplished Helper
Accomplished Helper

Return to Forum Administration