Username

This forum is for talking about the forum itself. No rosacea discussions here, just what you do and don't like about how this site looks and feels.

Username

Postby Ann Alice A. » Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:17 pm

Hi David,
I'd like to change my username. I've looked everywhere but I can't find a way to do this. Can it be done and if so, how? Also, I had typed in information for "location" the other day, but it isn't showing up. Thanks for your help!
-Ann
Ann Alice A.
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: Username

Postby David Pascoe » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:29 am

Hi Ann,

I just enabled the facility to allow username changes. Just go to your User Control Panel, go to the Profile tab and hit Edit Account Settings.

This link might work also: ucp.php?i=profile&mode=reg_details

Under Profile, Edit Profile is the Location Field. As long as you hit Submit, I believe it should work. I can't see anything that you have set there ?
ucp.php?i=profile&mode=profile_info should get you straight there.

davidp.
Get Rosacea News here: https://rosacea-support.org
David Pascoe
Moderator Team

Postby Ann Alice A. » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:28 pm

Dave,
Thanks for the help, but....I tried and nothing worked. I typed in my location for "location", but it didn't "take", and where the username is in the profile, it's only printed; it's not in a changable field (everything else is, of course). Sorry....at any rate, if you're too busy, don't worry about it or bother - I'll live with it. Thanks anyway....
-Ann
Ann Alice A.
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby David Pascoe » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:56 am

Not sure why non-mods cannot change their own usernames. I can change your for you if you like - just PM with what you'd like it to be.

As for location, I just tested it and it worked fine. After hitting Submit the location filed was again visible in the profile tab, and on the right hand side of a test posting. I did this with a non-moderator level login. Perhaps there is something funny with the internet browser you are using ? What do you use ?
Get Rosacea News here: https://rosacea-support.org
David Pascoe
Moderator Team

Postby Ann Alice A. » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:57 pm

Hi David,
Thanks....well, I mostly use the computer at work, which has Firefox & Google. Maybe that's why, I don't know. Oh well, no big deal....
Thanks again,
-Ann
Ann Alice A.
I'm new here
I'm new here

Return to Forum Administration