medicated dog shampoo

Sometimes `off the wall' or experimental treatments for rosacea emerge. Often they are not yet FDA approved or not seen as suitable by doctors. This forum is a place for you to explore these sorts of treatments.

medicated dog shampoo

Postby David Pascoe » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:19 pm

Here is an email I received. Please proceed with care with any and all pet treatments !

Hello to all!

I have had rosacea since 1983. I have very fair skin and avoid
the sun as much as possible. Almost everything I do causes the skin on my face to feel like it is going to blister and it turns a horrible red color. About 3 years ago I started having papulopustular rosacea on my cheeks and nose, however contrary to others complaints, the only thing that has ever been in these very painful pimples is bloody water.

After learning about the positive results some reported after using
the pet shampoo, I Googled medicated dog shampoo.

One of the links that came up was for a shampoo I decided to try it. (I may have found it on Amazon, but I'm not certain.) I ordered a 12 oz bottle (the only size offered) of "DermaBenSs" shampoo for dogs, cats and horses. The lable states "Gentle, soap-free, antiseborrheic, antimicrobial" and the ingredients listed are 2.5% benzoyl peroxide, 1% sodium thiosulfate, 1% salicylic acid, ceramides.......Also contains propylene gylcol, fragrance. The 12 oz bottle cost less than $15.00 USD and it has helped like no prescription I have ever used and I think I've tried everything the dermatologists prescribe and at a tenth of the cost for the prescriptions. This product does not contain Triclosan and is manufactred by Dechra Veterinary Products.

Dechra Veterinary Products USA - Home
Dechra gives me more – for my patients, for my clients and for my staff
View on http://www.dechra-us.com

Thank you so much for sharing this info for without it, I would never have thought to try medicated dog shampoo and would be without relief from these painful pimples.

I used it full strength at first, dabbing a small amount on each pimple with my finger twice a day. I could see a BIG improvement after just 2 or 3 days. I've always had oily skin and need to use a toner a couple of times during the day to try to control the oil, and wash my face morning and night. The only make up I use is lipstick. I'm going to start using a small amount of the shampoo in lukewarm water and apply to my face with a washcloth, then rinse with clean water and will see if it helps control some of the oily skin.

Good luck to everyone who tries the pet shampoo!

Anita
Get Rosacea News here: https://rosacea-support.org
David Pascoe
Moderator Team

Return to Experimental Rosacea Treatments