Remarkable improvement now confirmed and I am convinced

Sometimes `off the wall' or experimental treatments for rosacea emerge. Often they are not yet FDA approved or not seen as suitable by doctors. This forum is a place for you to explore these sorts of treatments.

Re: Remarkable improvement now confirmed and I am convinced

Postby docget » Sun May 06, 2012 6:03 pm

The skepticism is understandable; the skincare marketplace is filled with deception so when a good product actually comes along, it has to excell to get notice. Check out blogs on essentialdayspa.com (product review forums, specifically Cellese AnteAGE). The bloogers there are quite sophisticated in the science of skincare and very vocal in their comdemnation when warranted. You'll see comments about this product are very positive.

I reiterate: the effect on rosacea was not anticipated but a pleasant surprise when three of us in the clinical trial noticed how improved our skin was in a very short while. The product is a highy scientific product with more peer reviewed references on the website than one usually sees from most companies. BTW, the issue of J&J was not mentioned to suggest similarities in product formulations, only that the company founder knows his way around the business world and was a good enough scientist to be relied upon by the suits at J&J to provide solid medical counsel. Rather than dismiss that connection, I suggest readers check out the science of stem cytokines and the powerful effects they have in so many cellular and vascular functions.

They do offer samples so it might be worth a look by those who want to see whether this is just a "me, too" nothing product, or something to be considered. That's better than dismissing it out of hand without some investigation.

Rosacea is not fun. Mine is no longer a problem.
docget
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby docget » Sun May 06, 2012 10:19 pm

Fanny: dubious? scammy? scummy? ...that doesn't seem appropriate if it is your job to moderate.

I suggest you or others try samples of this product and at least delve into the science a little. If you do not understand what cytokines and mesenchymal stem cells are, there is plenty of content about this product on the AnteAGE.com website to learn the fundamentals and understand why this product is helpful and not a fraudster's attempt to separate consumers from their money.

This particular cell population, bone marrow derived mesenchymal stem cells, is the same one being researched for spinal cord injury, heart attacks, brain tumors,even growing replacement organs. These cells migrate from the bone marrow to sites of injury in all of us where they act as command and control of healing and inflammation. Some stay in the area of injury after differentialing into tissue cells, and some return to the bone marrow to do it again when needed.

Growing the cells in culture and using their cytokines (their biochemical messengers) is how the anti-aging benefits are derived from this technology. Because of the ability to control inflammation, rosacea settles down quickly and stays that way. Again, this product was not developed for rosacea but worked for three of us in the trial.

Posters to this thread are correct in being cautious. I agree with that entirely. There is lots of junk-science in the skincare market about stem cells as marketers have jumped on the buzz word wagon. The most flagrant examples are ALL botanical stem cell claims and potions inteded to "stimulate" stem cells. Those people should be condemned; they deserve it. Like I said above, people should get some samples before doing anything and decide for themselves. Banket condemnation, without a little effort to separate fact from fiction, is hardly worthy of a blogsite that is truly trying to help rosacea sufferers.

I posted a reply earlier that is not published but I do realize this blogsite may be headquartered in Australia so the day may not have yet started. I hope I see both posts published if you are other readers are interested in learning more.
docget
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby CrabbyCathy » Mon May 07, 2012 9:40 pm

Docget, you sound remarkably like DrJ on the site you posted. With your first post, I thought you may have been sincere, but then afterwards, you do not sound like a "regular", everyday member. You sound like---a doctor, or someone affiliated with a company.

However, that is just my opinion, because I do not have any evidence at this point to say otherwise. I do hope that this product will indeed work for some, although it would be great, if it was indeed going to be marketed towards rosacea, to drastically reduce the number of ingredients, and the price, for that matter.
Cathy (makeup)
See my blog for tips and helpful links!
Please note: Any advice offered here is not meant to replace medical advice. Always see your dermatologist.
CrabbyCathy
Moderator Team

Postby Lineman22 » Tue May 08, 2012 5:04 pm

This is definitely a scam, some people just don't realize the pain we are all in! I hope karma slaps this person in the face!! (frustrated)
Lineman22
Apprentice Member
Apprentice Member

Postby David Pascoe » Wed May 09, 2012 4:04 am

CrabbyCathy wrote:Docget, you sound remarkably like DrJ on the site you posted. With your first post, I thought you may have been sincere, but then afterwards, you do not sound like a "regular", everyday member. You sound like---a doctor, or someone affiliated with a company.

I have to agree. Docget you just don't post like regular rosacea sufferers do. This is not normally a good sign for the moderators.

Can we ask, do you have any association with the company Docget ?
Get Rosacea News here: https://rosacea-support.org
David Pascoe
Moderator Team

Postby docget » Thu May 10, 2012 11:45 pm

I am part of the company and am a physician, both of which have no relevence to the veracity of my personal experience with AnteAGE. One could wonder about my motives and that is understandable. The crux of the matter, however, is whether or not the improvements I have seen in my own skin while using a product not formulated or envisioned for use in rosacea, are real or not. They are. My relationshp or nonrelatinship to the company is irrelevent to the improvements I have experience. I have also seen the same benefits in rosacea in several other people.

AnteAGE is pricey compared to the nonsensical "take their money before they figure out there is not only no science, but no results either" products. They abound and I would direct readers of this blog to barefacedtruth.com where you will see clearly that my mission, as well as that of DrJ, is to call out the charletans and fraudsters in the skincare business. When compared to similar products of high science in the skincare industry where cellular cultures are employed to generate important biologic signals, the price of AnteAGE is quite reasonable. In fact, it is one of the less expensive products. High science and biologic production of actives is not cheap, nor are the products created in that fashion. One need only look at the price of true pharamceutical marketed by major companies that are created in cellular or transvector microbial "factories."

The real test is "do consumers get the improvements they seek". Thus far, users of AnteAGE (a growing number of online purchases by complete strangers everday) are very pleased and literally thowing away their other products. So, if people want to see if AnteAGE works for them, I suggest ordering samples, seeing if their skin improves (the changes do start manifesting in days) and then make informed decisions on value and worth.

Our company policy has been to provide discounts to people who learn about our product on blogs where the common denominator is genuine interest in skincare products with a focus on understanding science and efficacy and sharing that information.

I must say the vitriol directed at me was a surprise. Rather than examine the message, it was" let's get the messanger". Backwards logic in my mind. If this product is helpful to rosacea sufferers, should not the bloggers on this site want to know about it? Isn't that one of the reasons they even come here.

For interested parties, let me know if there are additional questions about the product. I will be happy to inform and clarify. I do not plan on addressing extraneous ad hominems - they will not be responded to as my posting of the improvements I experienced speak for themself. Rosacea is no fun. i have found something I can do about it besides prescription meds, and with better results for me.

Final comment: AnteAGE is an anti-aging product that improves the appearance of skin no matter the age or skin type of the person using it. It is not marketed as a rosacea treatment despite the fact that it does help me tremendously. We are also hearing of good results from people who bought it and applied it to eczema and chronic dermatitis. Now, let's turn the conversation to the product.
docget
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby oopsiedaisy » Fri May 11, 2012 10:45 pm

Obvious scam.
Avoid like the plague.
(no)
oopsiedaisy
Regular Helper
Regular Helper

Postby docget » Sat May 12, 2012 12:34 am

OK, oopsiedaisy, what exactly do you think is a scam? Surely your conclusion has some logical or factual basis so let's hear it. DrJ and I fequent a number of medical and skincare related blogsites including our own, barefacetruth.com, and people who post usually have more to say than utter a derogatory accusation, then scamper to the anonymity of the shadowy sidelines of the internet. How about we engage in a discussion of science and clinical evidence, backed by peer-reviewed research literature. Are you up for that? At least you will be able to give a little reasoning behind your conclusion so that readers of this thread can learn from you.

Interestingly, I just finished reading about the saga of Dr. Nase and his sad relationship with this website and it founder years ago. If RSC has had repeat offenders such as he, then your skepticism is understandable. But an honest hearing is only fair and what I have posted here is hardly a scam. So what say you? Make your case of what you think is a scam and why and i will do my best to provide you the reasons you are wrong. Otherwise your post is valueless to everyone.

So far, I have been underwhelmed by the discourse on this topic. Accusations are short, sharp, cheap, and ignorant. Facts, anyone?
docget
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby Lineman22 » Sat May 12, 2012 2:02 am

You sure talk alot, if this is true some before and after pics would really help you out, instead of typing your butt off you need some solid pics and facts!!
Lineman22
Apprentice Member
Apprentice Member

Postby David Pascoe » Sat May 12, 2012 2:18 am

Well docget, you took a while to tell us that you weren't just an independent rosacea sufferer who tried this product. It would have been a good start if you told us up front.

So as for trust and transparency, things didn't start well. Also you don't really appear willing to tell us your name.

Thirdly this board is primarily for rosacea sufferers to get together and discuss how they are getting on etc. It is always a tricky balance when people who are making products want to drive the discussion as well.

Over the years it has worked best when organic reports of good products surface by themselves via users who have had good experiences. Vendors trying to push topics or views don't really belong here. So if people want to ask questions or give comments which can be answered by yourself that is great, but please don't see this board as merely a promotional tool. Your own web site would be a better location for that.

regards,
davidp.
Get Rosacea News here: https://rosacea-support.org
David Pascoe
Moderator Team

PreviousNext

Return to Experimental Rosacea Treatments