Remarkable improvement now confirmed and I am convinced

Sometimes `off the wall' or experimental treatments for rosacea emerge. Often they are not yet FDA approved or not seen as suitable by doctors. This forum is a place for you to explore these sorts of treatments.

Remarkable improvement now confirmed and I am convinced

Postby docget » Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:24 pm

My rosacea started many years ago and plagued me constantly with regular flare ups from all the usual suspects. I used to raid my wife's makeup fairly often so I could leave the house and not be so self-conscious about my angry red patches. For the past several years, I applied Metrogel twice a day and took 25 mg of doxycycline each moring which was quite helpful although expensive. Last summer I started using a formulation developed by local physicians and researchers that is based on the conditioned media of a certain class of stem cells. The cells are not in the product, only the signaling compounds they secrete in the laboratory culture; the cells are discarded. It turns out these molecules are the ones that control inflammation and healing and the product is actually intended as an anti-aging skincare product. When I started using it, I stopped all prescription meds and have not used any since. My rosacea settled down in a matter of a few days and never returned until this week - so that was from July 1 of last year until mid-April of this year with no other treatment. The reason I think this is truly the reason for my improvement is that when I ran out of the stem cell derived product which was five or six days ago, it was only three or four days and I could see the inflammation returning and started to feel the irritation and stinging again. Last night I applied the stem cell serum twice and this morning my inflammation is again under control and there is no stinging. Has anyone else had this experience? I know stem cells are really important in healing and medical treatments are in the works for things like heart attachs, spinal cord injury, and organ repair, but the effect on my rosacea was quite amazing. BTW, while I was using this topical treatment, my skin hadn't look this good in many years.
docget
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: Remarkable improvement now confirmed and I am convinced

Postby Angy79 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:35 pm

Welcome.
Can I ask what product it is you use?
34 year old female, diagnosed with rosacea nov 2007
Subtype 2 (p&p) with minor flushing (mostly stress/emotion related)
Subtype 4 (occular rosacea) / "meibomian gland dysfunction"
Angy79
Regular Helper
Regular Helper

Postby docget » Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:18 pm

The product is called AnteAge and produced in Orange County, California. It was actually formulated as an anti-aging product with a new active ingredient from stem cells. I was part of the clinical trial and two other people also had rosacea in the trial (there were nearly 50 people in all.) Everyone with rosacea saw the same thing happen - skin settled down, flareups stopped, redness lessened greatly and stinging went away. I don't know how the other two are doing but I think this stuff is great and the rosacea effect is only part of the story. Other improvements in the skin as well. Dryness and flaking stopped entirely. Some age spots disappeared. Pretty amazing stuff.
docget
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby docget » Wed May 02, 2012 3:32 am

It has now been more than a week since I restarted the product containing the stem cell cytokines. My rosoacea is completely calm and even after 5 hours of sun exposure (with sunscreen, of course) and hard exertion doing a 60 mile bike ride and then a hot jacuzzi no redness whatsoever. I swear by this stuff. If it hasn't changed my life, it has changed my life dealing with damned rosacea.
docget
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby spencer » Thu May 03, 2012 5:29 pm

Hi Docget,

I found the ingredients on the internet, which I have listed below. Apparently, the serum and the "accelerator" are designed to be used together. Which one did you use? Or did you use both? If the latter, then that would cost almost $300!

I am shocked by how many ingredients are in these products. If the stem cell cytokines are so effective, then why are all of the other ingredients necessary? This seems highly risky for someone with rosacea. Too many possible allergens (e.g. alcohol and preservatives, etc.).

I'm glad this has worked for you, however. I'll look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks.

Serum

Ingredients: Mesenchymal Stem
Cell Cytokines, Water (Aqua), Palmitoyl
Oligopeptide, Niacinamide
(Vitamin B3), Palmitoyl
Tetrapeptide-7, PPG-3 Benzyl
Myristate, Dimethyl Isosorbide,
Carnosine, Hydrolyzed Myrtus
Communis (True Myrtle) Leaf
Extract, Polyacrylate-13, Camellia
Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf
Extract, Maltodextrin, Ilex
Paraguariensis (Paraguay) Leaf
(Yerba Mate) Extract, Cetearyl
Ethylhexanoate, Polyisobutene,
Phenoxyethanol (Preservative),
Caprylyl Glycol (Naturally
Derived Preservative),
Polysorbate-20 (Plant Derived),
Chlorphenesin, Tetrasodium
EDTA, Citric Acid (Naturally
Derived)

Accelerator

Ingredients: Mesenchymal Stem Cell
Cytokines, Water (Aqua), Glycerin
(Plant Derived), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate,
PPG-3 Benzyl Myristate, Carthamus
Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Alcohol,
Cetearyl Alcohol (Plant Derived),
Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E
Acetate), Polysorbate-20 (Plant
Derived), Cetearyl Glucoside,
Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (Vitamin C
Ester), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba)
Seed Oil, Limnanthes Alba
(Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Essential Oils,
Dimethyl Isosorbide, Butylene Glycol,
Polysorbate-60 (Plant Derived),
Glyceryl Stearate (Plant Derived),
Lecithin, Hydroxyethyl
Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyl Dimethyl
Taurate Copolymer, Soybean
Glycerides, Arachidyl Alcohol, Soy
Isoflavones, Phenoxyethanol
(Preservative), Helianthus Annuus
(Hybrid Sunflower) Oil, Butyrospermum
Parkii (Shea Butter) Fruit, Bisabolol,
Arbutin, Caprylyl Glycol (Naturally
Derived Preservative), Behenyl Alcohol,
Lonicera Japonica (Honeysuckle)
Extract (Natural Preservative),
Foeniculum Vulgare (Fennel) Fruit
Extract, Camellia Oleifera (ORGANIC)
Black Tea, Algae (Seaweed) Extract,
Xanthan Gum (Natural Thickener),
Saccharum Officinarum (Sugar Cane),
Chlorphenesin, Squalane (Plant
Derived), Retinol (Vitamin A),
Ubiquinone (Coenzyme Q10),
Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B5), Allantoin
(Comfrey Root Derived), Citrus Medica
Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Citrus
Aurantium Dulcis (Sweet Neroli
Orange) Fruit, Tetrasodium EDTA,
Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Juice,
Sodium Hyaluronate, Camellia Sinensis
(Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Arachidyl
Glucoside, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed
Extract, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark
Extract, Vaccinium Myrtillus (Bilberry)
Extract, Phyllanthus Emblica (Amla)
Extract, Thioctic Acid (a-Lipoic Acid),
Sodium Hydroxide (pH Modifier)
spencer
Star Member
Star Member

Postby LoisAnne » Fri May 04, 2012 2:28 am

(shocked) HOLY COW! THAT IS A LOT OF STUFF!
LoisAnne
Accomplished Helper
Accomplished Helper

Postby docget » Fri May 04, 2012 3:06 am

There are a lot of ingredients but the major actives are more limited in number. The alcohols are long chain alcohols; chemically alcohols but a long way from the typical ones used as disinfctants and vehicles. Both the serum and the accelerator do not sting and are very soothing. The serum has 10x the cytokines that are in the accelerator. The rosacea effect was a pleasant surprise as it was formulated as an anti-aging system and the users are all very happy from what I read on the internet. I will provide a URL below from essentialdayspa.com which has some very astute consumers of facial products and their comments are very complimentary. The accelerator is a very soothing, moisturizing product also that contains only scientific proven actives. The founder of the company is a brilliant physician who knows his stuff and was once one of the medical directors at Johnson & Johnson.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/vi ... ?tid=45400

If you are interested in trying it, I might be able to get a discount code for you to use but I cannot promise. Let me know if that is of interest to you. I love it and won't be stopping using it any time soon. Hope this helps.
docget
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby spencer » Fri May 04, 2012 5:04 pm

Thanks for the info. So I take it you are just using the serum then? Sorry for being skeptical, since there are many people that come on to the rosacea forum trying to sell stuff. Given that you are a new member, it holds even less credence. And, no offense, but I am not impressed by the company name Johnson & Johnson. They commonly use sodium lauryl sulfate, parabens and mineral oil in their products. Most of their products, from what I've seen, are petroleum-based. That doesn't mean the doctor isn't a brilliant physician, but sometimes I think science and skin products don't mix. In other words, I'm not sure I want to put close to a 100 ingredients (many of them chemicals) into my bloodstream, not knowing the long-term effects just so I can save my face. I think you have a lot vested in this company, offering a discount code and all the rest, and that's what makes me a bit wary. Maybe if you sent me some of your own before and after pictures, I'd be more convinced. Thanks!
spencer
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Peacock » Fri May 04, 2012 11:33 pm

Thanks Spencer. 'Discount Codes' are a dead give away. I am convinced this is a scam ......anything for a buck. The things people do when others are down and desperate. Sick.
Peacock
Star Member
Star Member

Postby fanny » Sun May 06, 2012 1:24 pm

Thank you Spencer and Peacock for highlighting these posts. I checked out the website and the products are sooo expensive. Furthermore the whole thing sounds dubious at best.
Seems scammy (or do I mean scummy!) to me.
all the best
Fanny
fanny
Moderator Team

Next

Return to Experimental Rosacea Treatments