Stress/Anxiety Linked to Rosacia?

Sometimes `off the wall' or experimental treatments for rosacea emerge. Often they are not yet FDA approved or not seen as suitable by doctors. This forum is a place for you to explore these sorts of treatments.

Stress/Anxiety Linked to Rosacia?

Postby dave3d » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:21 pm

Hi - I've been a sufferer of Rosacia for half my life - I got it early after a period of living and working in the sun in Crete. I've tried a lot of cures - and worked out a lot of stuff. My main trigger is stress and anxiety. I can literally pop the spots out manually just by thinking too much about an interview or something - or just by thinking about rosacia itself. So in a way the illness feeds itself. Aaargghh!

Am I alone in this? I know we all have our own triggers etc, but mine is so blatantly obvious. I tackled the anxiety last year in a sort of de-stress program, and I had clear skin for about 6 months. Amazing, but after 22 years of the lesions, I have become a very anxious person - so it's back again - and so am I. ;)

Anyway I'm trying another very interesting de-stress thing, something I never seen before. Maybe watch this space? If it helps I'll be back - I wanna help as many people as I can with my own personal discoveries as I've had so much help on the way.

Dave
dave3d
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: Stress/Anxiety Linked to Rosacia?

Postby Angy79 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:25 pm

Hi Dave.
My rosacea is related to stress and anxiety as well. I think. I'm a very anxious person too. I don't flush very often but I definitely do when I'm stressed or emotional. I feel my face get hot at those moments and when I go check on it it's always red.
I don't know if my bumps are stress-related as well. I do know that my face always looks better when I'm on holiday though.
Im curious what you are trying to de-stress. Please keep us informed!
34 year old female, diagnosed with rosacea nov 2007
Subtype 2 (p&p) with minor flushing (mostly stress/emotion related)
Subtype 4 (occular rosacea) / "meibomian gland dysfunction"
Angy79
Regular Helper
Regular Helper

Postby oldredlady » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:23 pm

HI and welcome. :) I, too, have stress as a major trigger for P&Ps; unfortunately trying to destress (for me) is easier said than done, though I have tried to do a little light meditation each day. Do let us know what works for you. :)

Best wishes,
oldredlady
Accomplished Helper
Accomplished Helper

Postby dave3d » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:53 pm

HI and thanks for the welcome.

After my success last year I just started a program using brainwave optimisation - It's supposed to be like a shortcut to a balanced head, saving all the grief of months of talking about your childhood and your mother etc - which is what I did last year. Just started though so I dare not mention if it's going to help with my Rosacea. It was cool though - wired up to electro magnetic sensors in a very comfy Joey chair - with headphones allowing my brain to hear its own pulses. If ya like I'll keep you posted.

I must admit I was kinda glad to hear i'm not alone in the anxiety dept. It seems to me that years of dealing with self consciousness have left me really stressed out - and I know for a fact its the stress that blows up my skin problem. Oldredlady - I'm with you on destressing methods - I'm so bad I can't even read a book to relax anymore. I hope this works for me - I'll deff let you know.

angry79 - I can feel em popping up when I'm stressed, its horrible, and yes Holidays are great for it, especially active ones. Skiing and diving, I'm clear - 100%.

I'm in for another Joey session tomorrow - The lady says I'll start feeling balanced after about 5 sessions. I'll post tomorrow or thursday.
dave3d
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby Angy79 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:41 pm

It sounds good and like something I could use too! Relaxing is a difficult thing for me too.

I had to laugh when I saw you typed my name wrong, like I'm angry instead of angy. I AM angry though because of how my skin looks so it makes sense for you to make that typ-o. ;)

Good luck on your Joey session tomorrow!
Angy79
Regular Helper
Regular Helper

Postby dave3d » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:15 pm

Oops sorry about the Angry mishap! (;) Right I've had 3 sessions now - and forgot to tell you about the Brain Map. It is the diagnosis stage on this Brainwave machine. Numbers representing each lobe told the technician a story of anxiety - lack of sleep - frozen emotion - poor concentration and even the fact that I can't read books due to general unrest. She basically read out my life from a bunch of numbers, amazing. Anyway - 3 sessions in, I love bed time - for the first time in years I hit the pillow and off to slumber in minutes. I wake up at about 8 am totally rested.

As far as anxiety... okay no miracles yet, but I need 10 - 12 sessions apparently. However there is a change in my skin - I'm not sure if its good or bad yet - but it feels different, kinda more like skin should feel I guess - I still got red bits though. I think it's too early to tell in all honesty. But I'm happy with the progress.
dave3d
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby Angy79 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:45 pm

Wow. I want this too!
Angy79
Regular Helper
Regular Helper

Postby oldredlady » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:20 pm

Wow, Dave3d, it sounds really interesting. Do keep us posted and let us know if it helps, though my guess is if helps to lower your anxiety levels it will help with rosacea, too, as stress is a big trigger for many of us.

Angy, yes, the typo would fit me, too. :)

Good luck and best wishes,
oldredlady
Accomplished Helper
Accomplished Helper

Postby dave3d » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:10 am

Hello

Wow this is amazing, I'm very excited about the treatment, I'm almost done - sleeping like a corpse. It's weird, I came away the last two times and was able to separate myself from my emotions - almost like looking in on meself and making rational - non emotional decisions. Miraculous for me! My stress levels have plummeted and I seem to spend a lot less time on worrying - considering I'm self employed and spent my last cash on this treatment - that is pretty amazing too. I did go thru some very strange anger outbursts though and for two days I was pure ranting!

Okay the skin, I didn't post because it got worse at first - but then people started commenting on how better it looked, especially my nose. I'm 8 session in, with 2 - 4 to go. I will leave skin comments alone until I'm out of the treatment, you know how it is, however again I'm very optimistic. It's a long time since someone said I looked better. 3 people have said I do look better, and I've stopped living on anti inflammatory pills too.

I understand the treatment now also. I wonder how I can tell you where to go to read about it. The girl I went to (who is brilliant btw - very understanding and always on call) has a website but I don't wanna break forum rules and post it - not allowed I believe?
dave3d
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby Angy79 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:22 am

Wow Dave, that sounds amazing!
Angy79
Regular Helper
Regular Helper

Return to Experimental Rosacea Treatments