New Derms New Suggestion - No face wash, no moisturizer

Sometimes `off the wall' or experimental treatments for rosacea emerge. Often they are not yet FDA approved or not seen as suitable by doctors. This forum is a place for you to explore these sorts of treatments.

Re: New Derms New Suggestion - No face wash, no moisturizer

Postby Angy79 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:10 pm

Sorry I'm spamming this thread but it just gets me excited somehow. I just read this:

You might be prone to KP if:
- you have a personal or family history of asthma, eczema, life-long extreme skin dryness, keratosis pilaris or hay fever (this genetic collection of conditions is called an atopic diathesis).

This is also true for me!
34 year old female, diagnosed with rosacea nov 2007
Subtype 2 (p&p) with minor flushing (mostly stress/emotion related)
Subtype 4 (occular rosacea) / "meibomian gland dysfunction"
Angy79
Regular Helper
Regular Helper

Postby Angy79 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:27 pm

Ofcourse in my previous post I meant PF instead of KP. Don't know what happened there.

I was also wondering, kdmansfield: your first picture, it that of your chest? I get tiny pimples there too (but not nearly as much as you). Yours definitely looks like PF.
34 year old female, diagnosed with rosacea nov 2007
Subtype 2 (p&p) with minor flushing (mostly stress/emotion related)
Subtype 4 (occular rosacea) / "meibomian gland dysfunction"
Angy79
Regular Helper
Regular Helper

Postby docget » Wed May 02, 2012 2:32 pm

This blogsite is so large, it is easy to miss a great deal. Nosing around this morning, I saw this thread and thought sufferers that post here might like to know I have tried all the antibiotic approaches (systemic and topical) with modest success but nothing compares to the new product I got to try in a clinical trial in California. MDs and a PhD developed an anti-aging formula using the culture media of a special type of stem cell that is responsible for healing throughout life (they actually reside in the bone marrow and are transported to site of injury where they act as command and control of other cells). There are no stem cells in the product, just the signalling molecules they produce. I was amazed.

No antibiotics since last July and no flare-ups or stinging since and I drink wine, exercise a lot, get a fair amount of sun, eat spicey food...all the things that used to set my rosacea off! Plus, my dry, scaling skin is calm and moist and wrinkles have diminished greatly. Two other people in the trial also had rosacea and had the same improvement. It's called AnteAGE and there is a new website to learn about it. If there is interest in people trying it, they do ship samples. It changed my life with rosacea tremendously. BTW, I don't use anything but this stuff and don't need to.
docget
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby Nat007 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:13 pm

kdmansfield wrote:To my surprise, my face started making oil and did not get tight or flaky. I do no wash my face. I may use an exfoliating scrub once a month when it looks like I have accumulated dead skin and need some sloughing.

My dermatologist at the time told me the same thing: no moisturizer or any other topical for 6 months and I had to leave my skin alone and let it build up it´s own oils again. It was hell the first months, as it had become dependant oof topicals, and it felt and looked sooo dry. But I had calmer skin soon and now, 7 years later, I still don´t use a moisturizer or topical, nor face wash or soap. I wash my skin with bottled chloride free water and cotton pads every other day, lightly and he times I did try a moisturizer or even a mineral make up, it was hell all over again. The first 5 years of my rosacea time I could still handle moisturizers however, it only became problematic after a while, maybe because the flushing and inflammation has thinned my skin too much and it no longer had the needed skin barriere to protect it from the topicals..

best wishes
Nat007
Apprentice Member
Apprentice Member

Postby David Pascoe » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:42 am

For some `official' guidelines on how to wash your face see

Get Rosacea News here: https://rosacea-support.org
David Pascoe
Moderator Team

Previous

Return to Experimental Rosacea Treatments