My pustules began to heal in five days.

Sometimes `off the wall' or experimental treatments for rosacea emerge. Often they are not yet FDA approved or not seen as suitable by doctors. This forum is a place for you to explore these sorts of treatments.

My pustules began to heal in five days.

Postby armadilopeter » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:48 am

Its a privilege to be here, I recently left a message at 'Ask a patient' on their Erythromycin page on 4/Jan/2012. I am a 50 yr male , half west African and half English . I have over active Sebaceous glands, any dairy products I consume results in pustules on my scalp and face. In the late nineties I had Psoriasis which for a time covered my whole body, I now only get the occasional out break on scalp, chest and legs.
The trigger for my Rosacea which along with Blepharitis I have had on and off for almost three years is a complication of Sickle cell trait, thats my trigger.
I came off Erythromycin on 25/12/2011 and knew within a couple of days that I was in big big trouble with the Rosacea threatening an explosive outbreak. It had been confined to the tip of my nose without welts whilst I was on Erythr, now I began to get terrible welts on my nose with many pustules which started to spread up to my nostrils.

I searched the net and read voraciously , to begin with I put toothpaste over my nose-this burnt my skin, then surgical spirit- this burnt my nose, then undiluted
apple cider vinager- this burnt my nose,then Betnovate ointment- even more pustules.
I went back to the net looking in desperation for a different angle , something perhaps that I had dismissed before. In England there is an spray insecticide called
Raid, I have used it for years as an insecticide as it has long lasting effect, I put on a rubber glove sprayed the index finger with Raid and rubbed it onto my nose, paying esp attention to the welts, the welts within 5 mins stopped being painful, I experienced a wonderful tingling sensation and coolness whenever I used it.
I used the Raid for 5 days ,three times once a day and twice two times a day, it never burnt my skin, I never applied it to broken skin, and by the time my Tea tree oil arrived through the post I new inside myself that I was going to be okay, and that this wretched botch had been stared down and dismissed.
I added the personal details at beginning because we are all different and this is my story, also hats off to all those whom I read in the various blogs who wanted a cure, thank you.
armadilopeter
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: My pustules began to heal in five days.

Postby fanny » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:17 pm

Thank you for posting your story and the success you have had. I'm not sure I could use Raid tho'! I'll look up the ingredients on the web to see what could have worked for you.
All the best
Fanny
fanny
Moderator Team

Postby NorthStar » Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:27 pm

That's some story, armadilo! Hope this keeps working, since it sounds like such a last resort treatment. (dance2)
NorthStar
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby NorthStar » Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:42 pm

armadilo, I wonder if it's the pyrethrin in Raid. Pyrethrin is derived from chrysanthemums, and chrysanthemums are used in facial creams. So... you might find a more aesthetically pleasing and safer solution than the Raid (which I admit is working by what you say! But I don't know how safe the other ingredients are).
NorthStar
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby armadilopeter » Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:14 am

Hi, thought I ought to add that I would never advise this as a treatment, however as a last resort using minute amounts etc etc, it has definitely killed the welts stone dead.
armadilopeter
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby David Pascoe » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:07 am

Maybe it is possible there was some benefit from eradicating demodex mites. If so, and this is just a pure guess - there are other options you could try like topical ivermectin / Stromectol that have been used as official skin treatments in the past. That might be a safer approach - try something well known when you can.
Get Rosacea News here: https://rosacea-support.org
David Pascoe
Moderator Team

Postby armadilopeter » Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:05 pm

Hi , I realise that in the absence of photos or a doctors letter it is just my word that I offer. I am not suggesting that this is the way to go, the real way to go is not to have the vile Rosacea on the nose in the first place. As we all know it is a particularly nasty skin affliction in as much as it causes excruciating embarrassment
and a sense of shame.
As a man I am not that conversant in the art of wearing makeup, let alone going down to my local chemist to find the right colour foundation for my skin. This latest bout had been going on since June 2011, loads of oral antibiotics later (though they did cure the Blepharitis) and I could tell no progress was being made.
The story I offer is only as a short account of what I eventually resorted to, of course it sounds whacky, if not plain dangerous, however if somebody else can
substitute the Raid for an ointment that is not greasy (ie will permeate into the pores),without burning off the top layer of skin (which I found with Tea tree oil), then please share it with me ,and the next time I get a bout of Rosacea (and it will occur ) I gladly use something else.
Finally, why the Raid worked I don't know, what I do know is that it worked extremely quickly, in hindsight it would I think have worked even quicker but for the fact that I had covered my nose in Betnovate ointment.
I am looking at my nose now and can see the freckles coming back, now thats a reason to be very grateful.
armadilopeter
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby armadilopeter » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:49 pm

http://www.rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosacea ... -five-days

If its allowed the above is a link to supplementary information I have added.
armadilopeter
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby armadilopeter » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:20 pm

http://www.askapatient.com/viewrating.a ... YTHROMYCIN

here is a link to the Erythromycin page which I posted on the 4/Jan/ 2012
armadilopeter
I'm new here
I'm new here

Return to Experimental Rosacea Treatments