Brimonidine

Sometimes `off the wall' or experimental treatments for rosacea emerge. Often they are not yet FDA approved or not seen as suitable by doctors. This forum is a place for you to explore these sorts of treatments.

Re: Brimonidine

Postby Red Rose6367 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:50 am

I have just stopped using Brimonidine drops on my red face because I was getting worse. I noticed over the 3 to 4 months I was using it my blushes seemed worse and my face was getting worse with dry patches and more and more red bumps. I also noticed it contained alcohol, which is aggrevating for rosacea sensitive skin. For me, it worked well the first 2-3 hours then I would have to reapply. It also did not blend well with makeup. If I had my makeup already applied for work I couldn't reapply the drops mid day.

I have noticed my skin slowly improving since i stopped using Brimonidine drops. My blushes don't last as long and the dry and bumpy areas are going away. My dermatologist said this new formulation (Sansrosa?) will be in a gel form and last all day instead of just a few hours. I think we all are looking for relief and hoping this new topical proves successful and is available sooner rather than later.
Red Rose6367
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: Brimonidine

Postby David Pascoe » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:08 am

Thanks for the info. Sorry to hear that the eye drops were too harsh for you. Sadly others too have found that this formulation just isn't suitable Sansrosa delayed, sufferers make their own Brimonidine, BEWARE.

The trials so far for the proposed topical skin gel show promising results in terms of tolerability and lack of rebound redness (Sansrosa not Susceptible to Tolerance or Rebound).

Plenty of people join you in anxiously awaiting the final submission and hopeful final approval of this product !

all the best,
dp.
Get Rosacea News here: https://rosacea-support.org
David Pascoe
Moderator Team

Previous

Return to Experimental Rosacea Treatments