Brimonidine

Sometimes `off the wall' or experimental treatments for rosacea emerge. Often they are not yet FDA approved or not seen as suitable by doctors. This forum is a place for you to explore these sorts of treatments.

Brimonidine

Postby sadsadsad » Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:40 am

I've read a lot about Brimonidine involving rebound flushing. Has anyone had a positive experience with this treatment? Those that have used it, does it help with flushing caused by hot/cold weather?

Any new info on SamsRosa? Is it really supposed to be the miracle treatment they are making it out to be?
sadsadsad
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: Brimonidine

Postby David Pascoe » Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:26 am

I try to keep my sansrosa section on the blog up to date with the latest and best information

Sansrosa Articles.

I'd be skeptical of anyone using the word miracle and sansrosa in the same sentence (actually I'm not sure anyone has used the work miracle - have you see it used apart from this thread ...?). At least with all of the large scale testing underway now we will know for sure what kind of success and bad reactions people can expect.

all the best,
davidp.
Get Rosacea News here: https://rosacea-support.org
David Pascoe
Moderator Team

Postby sadsadsad » Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:07 am

My main issue is flushing, and from my understanding - based on the articles from this site - the main target of SansRosa is redness and flushing. Considering people have been using Brimonidine on their own and have experienced great results with "normal" looking skin, I assumed that when/if SansRosa is released these results will be improved without the intense rebound.

Maybe this is all wishful thinking. I would love to hear opinions on this idea. Could SansRosa completely halt flushing?
sadsadsad
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby sadsadsad » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:47 pm

I was doing some research on another thread and found this: http://www.rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosacea ... t=sansrosa

“These positive data showed that V-101 significantly reduced the redness associated with Type I rosacea (ETR) and demonstrated a favorable side effect profile, further confirming its potential to be the first effective topically applied therapy directed specifically toward the erythema of rosacea,”

Has anyone heard of this product?

Regarding SansRosa, this was also posted in the forum - April 2011

"For the first time, I can honestly say I am confident about the release of sansrosa. I was just at the clinical research center, in the city I live in, to enroll in Galderma's phase 3 study for rosacea with the active ingrediant as brominidine. The bad news is that they denied me access to the study. They said it would work great for me and that I could use it as a prescription when it came out but right now they are looking for people with a lot of redness, like stage 3 or worse rosacea. I should have quit taking the rosadyn a few weeks ago and I would have been accepted. So now for the good news. According to the doctor, this stuff works good. He was the doctor that also hosted the phase 2 study for this drug awhile back. According to him. It works better for some than others, or should I say some people get better responses. However some people had a pretty substantial reduction in redness. He also said that Galderma is now very aggressive about getting this product out. Which makes sense because it was not long ago (like a few months) that they were doing a phase 2 study. They jumped right into this phase 3 study unlike before when it could be almost a year before they said or did anything. I asked about rebound dialation and he said he has not seen it and that no-one from galderma has said anything to him about it. Without directly saying it to me. He basically expects this drug to pass phase 3 and become approved. Also without directly saying it. I got the impression that it will be done in a timely matter. I think we can thank the company that is studying oxymetazoline for this (active ingrediant of Afrin) I think they let a fire under galderma's you know what.

Cheers

Cameron"

Sounds promising, no?
sadsadsad
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby David Pascoe » Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:11 pm

sadsadsad wrote:I was doing some research on another thread and found this: http://www.rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosacea ... t=sansrosa

Regarding SansRosa, this was also posted in the forum - April 2011

"For the first time, I can honestly say I am confident about the release of sansrosa. I was just at the clinical research center, in the city I live in, to enroll in Galderma's phase 3 study for rosacea with the active ingrediant as brominidine. The bad news is that they denied me access to the study. They said it would work great for me and that I could use it as a prescription when it came out but right now they are looking for people with a lot of redness, like stage 3 or worse rosacea. I should have quit taking the rosadyn a few weeks ago and I would have been accepted. So now for the good news. According to the doctor, this stuff works good. He was the doctor that also hosted the phase 2 study for this drug awhile back. According to him. It works better for some than others, or should I say some people get better responses. However some people had a pretty substantial reduction in redness. He also said that Galderma is now very aggressive about getting this product out. Which makes sense because it was not long ago (like a few months) that they were doing a phase 2 study. They jumped right into this phase 3 study unlike before when it could be almost a year before they said or did anything. I asked about rebound dialation and he said he has not seen it and that no-one from galderma has said anything to him about it. Without directly saying it to me. He basically expects this drug to pass phase 3 and become approved. Also without directly saying it. I got the impression that it will be done in a timely matter. I think we can thank the company that is studying oxymetazoline for this (active ingrediant of Afrin) I think they let a fire under galderma's you know what.

Cheers

Cameron"

Sounds promising, no?

Sadly that paragraph is complete and utter rubbish. Please do not believe it.

Trial supervisors would never utter such nonsense. Their job is to ensure that there is no investigator bias for one. If I was Galderma I would never want someone involved in my trials blabbing on like that to participants. It would literally make the trials a waste of time and money.

I'm also not inclined to trust the extra comments added by the poster - they just don't read credibly to me.

Sorry to be so negative but my bulldust detector went to 100% when I first read that post.

davidp.
David Pascoe
Moderator Team

Postby sadsadsad » Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:39 pm

Thanks for the feedback! You seem to be very knowledgeable about SansRosa. Do you have faith in the product?
sadsadsad
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby David Pascoe » Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:18 am

There are certainly questions over what the final product will be able to say about its ability to treat the redness of rosacea.

The speculation and misinformation that you can find online doesn't really help us get a clear picture of this proposed product.

The fact that the active ingredient has been available for the adventurous to try has actually made it even harder to know what the final product will be / won't be able to do.

So personally I am pleased that Galderma must get it through the FDA's strict drug approval process before it is generally available. Otherwise we would be left with believing whatever we can find online. Only then we will we have an unbiased opinion of what to expect.

As is the case for much in life - the reality is often less exciting than the rumour, speculation and wishful thinking.

The amount of time that elapses before a product ultimately passes or fails only adds to the frustration. It takes so long that we all become prone to wanting to read something, anything about Sansrosa. If I am being too subtle in this ramble, let me restate for everyone - please everyone note what I do not write about in the Sansrosa Articles section i.e. no speculation, anecdotal reports, or unsubstantiated trial commentaries.

dp.
David Pascoe
Moderator Team

Postby sadsadsad » Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:53 pm

I agree believing everything we read online about SansRosa leads to misinformation about the product.

Although, the fact that the product is in - I believe the late - stage 3 has to say something about the confidence Galderma has in the product.

I would think if they encountered heavy issues such as, the intense rebound flush, without the ability to fix this problem, they wouldn't have continued to invest in the product.

I am trying not to get my hopes up too high, but this does sound promising to me. I am not knowledgeable about the FDA approval, and you seem to know so much about it. Do you really think the product will make it to market? I don't want to get any more hopeful than I am if I am misreading what I believe to be a possible great treatment
sadsadsad
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby David Pascoe » Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:30 am

Do I think Sansrosa will make it to market ?

Of course the best answer is that no-one knows. The decision hasn't been made yet.

Very few drugs are approved each year by the FDA. Drugs fail at every step of the development process.

Will Sansrosa be one of the ones that gets through? We all hope so, but we just can't say.

Hence everyone should say bulldust outloud when they ready statements like "He basically expects this drug to pass phase 3 and become approved".
David Pascoe
Moderator Team

Postby sadsadsad » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:53 pm

I guess it's best to work with what we have. Regardless, if it gets the approval from FDA, it is still years away from being available.

I was recently reading about Colin Dahl's idea that we should try to always keep a warm face. I saw you were one of the people commenting on this idea. I was wondering if you have tried this, and noticed a difference in your flushing? Especially concerning temperature changes?
sadsadsad
I'm new here
I'm new here

Next

Return to Experimental Rosacea Treatments