Cod Liver Oil experiment (benefits of water)

Sometimes `off the wall' or experimental treatments for rosacea emerge. Often they are not yet FDA approved or not seen as suitable by doctors. This forum is a place for you to explore these sorts of treatments.

Re: Cod Liver Oil experiment (benefits of water)

Postby SBTInsider » Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:37 pm

Cod Liver Oil is excellent for the human body as it provides Omega-3's. This is the most common reason it's supplemented with and of course, the same goes for why some choose fish oil for Rosacea. Omega-3 has natural anti-inflammatory properties so taking it internally is of course a bonus.

Sea buckthorn oil also has Omega-3's. It even has a near 1:1 ratio of Omega-3:6 .... this is considered ideal for humans. On top of that it has vitamins, minerals, anti-oxidants, and more importantly for Rosacea the rare Omega-7 ... a true skin healer applied topically and nourishing fatty acid taken internally. I highly recommend giving it a shot for Rosacea even though its uses far outweigh just skin conditions.

Here's a recent post we did on Sea Buckthorn and Rosacea that may be of help.

http://www.seabuckthorninsider.com/sea- ... nd-relief/

Don't shy away from Cod Liver or any fish oil, they're supporting of the entire body from the inside out and that includes helping Rosacea! Just throwing out an alternative that I believe offers more.
SBTInsider
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby fanny » Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:26 pm

SBT Insider
This is not the place to advertise your website and FYI I like many others have tried sea buckthorn oil with no beneficial results.
Fanny
fanny
Moderator Team

Postby SBTInsider » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:30 pm

Fanny,

Sorry for your experience with Sea Buckthorn Oil but glad you gave it a shot. Some find it helps a lot especially with inflammation. Do you mind expanding on which oil you tried and how you used it? That being topically, internally, or both?

Also, I'm not here just to boast the site ... I do have a family member with Rosacea that I'm always keeping an eye out for new or alternative treatments. The oil tends to help his inflammation and redness a lot albeit admittedly not a rosacea ending solution. Sorry If I upset you, I'll be more careful in the future.
SBTInsider
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby fanny » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:36 pm

Thank you.
fanny
Moderator Team

Previous

Return to Experimental Rosacea Treatments