Botox amazing so far

Sometimes `off the wall' or experimental treatments for rosacea emerge. Often they are not yet FDA approved or not seen as suitable by doctors. This forum is a place for you to explore these sorts of treatments.

Botox amazing so far

Postby Quiller » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:15 pm

It's been 3.5 days since I had it done, and I haven't flushed once in the meantime. I've posted about it on the other forum but I'll answer questions here if anyone has any.

I'll copy/paste my updates from that thread so I don't have to retype them:

Update #1
t+48 hours

I already see a pretty big difference. In fact I was noticing a difference even yesterday. Both yesterday and today, after taking a hot shower I have not been flushed at all. My baseline seems to be improved 10-30%. Every time I think (feel) that I'm flushed, I'll take a look and I'm not. But I haven't put it to the real test yet, which will be those stressful afternoon meetings that I dislike so much. I'll report back next week on how that works out (I'm taking vacation this week.) I'm quite pleased so far. All the signs are promising.

The nurse who was cleaning my face off after the procedure told me she had a friend who used Botox for flushing and loved it, she said it helped her by 60%.

Update #2
t+3.5 days

The results are better than I had hoped (well, they are approaching my best-case scenario).

My baseline is still improved 15-30% and I have not flushed once since the treatment.

I have tested it by doing flush-inducing things: hot showers, hot thermostat, food (hot dogs) but my face remains calm/unflushed.

Like every rosacean I am suspicious of things that seem too good to be true, but it sure is hard to argue with the results I'm seeing in the mirror.

Now my only concern is whether or not I can do this the rest of my life ;) I emailed the Dr. to ask if there is any reason to believe I would become resistant to Botox with continued use.
KNOWLEDGE = POWER
Quiller
Regular Helper
Regular Helper

Re: Botox amazing so far

Postby lookout14 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:53 am

Hi Quiller......could you describe the technique used to inject the botox? Areas of face....in the muscle or not in the muscle and how many "shots" it took....any and all details please!

Do you think or know if this would help with burning/stinging sensations we experience?

Also I wonder if all Plastic Surgeons would even know how to do this for treating flushing due to rosacea?

Thanks for sharing (rofl)
lookout14
Apprentice Member
Apprentice Member

Postby Quiller » Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:33 am

lookout14 wrote:Hi Quiller......could you describe the technique used to inject the botox? Areas of face....in the muscle or not in the muscle and how many "shots" it took....any and all details please!

Well that's all mentioned in the other thread I linked to, I don't want to re-type it.

Do you think or know if this would help with burning/stinging sensations we experience?

My completely uneducated guess would be yes. Botox blocks nerve activity, so I would think it would help with that pain. Botox is used for some other types of pain.

Also I wonder if all Plastic Surgeons would even know how to do this for treating flushing due to rosacea?

I would assume any doctor that knows how to administer Botox could do it, it's just slightly different because it goes under the skin instead of into the muscle.
KNOWLEDGE = POWER
Quiller
Regular Helper
Regular Helper

Postby Yekko123 » Sat May 22, 2010 5:34 pm

Agree - I've tried everything for the blushing which is the most bothersome part of rosacea for me Inc many ipls. Nothing has helped - had Botox and bang I cannot blush at all in treated area (forehead and temples which were worst area for me) had nose done too bit that wasn't as good. Still get flushed but don't mind that it was the dam blushing like a schoolgirl that pi&&ed me off so much and it has gone. My wrinkles have also dissappeares and forehead stiff but who cares !!
Fore head started to loosen off again after 7 weeks and I was so paranoid of it returning I had done again ( probably too soon but hey ho) and had more into nose to try and kill that off too so well wait an see'
doc was very honest sand said only works in third of people and never beleived I would be one of the luck third!!

If the instantaneous blushing is a major issue for you then I would say give it a try.
Yekko123
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby Mike T » Sun May 23, 2010 8:29 am

I remember reading a really long thread from the Rosacea Forum website on this subject matter.

A person who had Botox to relieve flushing also documented great sucess intially, however later on he found that sun light had a substantially increased negative flushing effect on his face and he also noted problems with restricted facial movments where the Botox was injected.

I think that thread is a must read if your thinking of Botox for flushing reduction purposes. I will try and link it if I find it. If not you can just google Rosacea Forum and search "Botox" in there website. No registration is necessary to simply browse through there posts, only to post.

Regards,

Mike
Mike T
Moderator Team

Return to Experimental Rosacea Treatments