BOTOX - i cant believe it 90% better in 7 days

Sometimes `off the wall' or experimental treatments for rosacea emerge. Often they are not yet FDA approved or not seen as suitable by doctors. This forum is a place for you to explore these sorts of treatments.

BOTOX - i cant believe it 90% better in 7 days

Postby samina » Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:25 am

I have had servere rosacea for 3 years, I was in the 0.1% of people with servere and uncontrollable flushing and intense burning 24/7, i have been house bound, cancelled my wedding, unable to work etc.. I have tried so many meds over a 3 year period to no avail. I had botox done 7 days ago and I am 90% better, occasional fan, no icepacks or chillow (icepack even came with me to the toilet b4 the botox.

Its achristmas miracle, I cant quite believe that 3 years for nothing working and then a week after botox 90% better. I am in heaven.

samina
samina
Apprentice Member
Apprentice Member

Re: BOTOX - i cant believe it 90% better in 7 days

Postby GJ* » Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:38 am

That's fantastic news. Delighted for you!
You cancelled a wedding? Let's hope you can rearrange things to everyone's satisfaction.

How long will it last? Do you imagine returning for another shot in three months, six months, a year???
GJ*
Regular Helper
Regular Helper

Postby samina » Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:24 pm

I think it last between 4 - 6 months, it was really really painful but if it cvontinues like this I Wwould have it done again at the drop of a hat x
samina
Apprentice Member
Apprentice Member

Re: BOTOX - update

Postby samina » Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:11 am

just a quick update. although i am loads better than i was b4 the botox, i have felt since yesterday that i need to have a fan on low all the time, day and night for comfort. I am not flushing or burning, but just feel the need, weird, cheecks can be slightly pink but again bnothing like i was. I dont know if this being my 12th day since having botox that I have meet the full effects or whether it will continue to improve over the cmoing weeks...does anyone know?
samina
Apprentice Member
Apprentice Member

Postby GJ* » Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:23 pm

Sorry, I don't know the answer to that.

Out of interest, were you advised that botox will stifle all forms of flushing response? You may find, for example, that you can now exercise and become paler - as you do it - into the bargain! Something you might want to take advantage of.....after the festive season.
GJ*
Regular Helper
Regular Helper

Postby WrinkledClue » Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:12 am

Botox worked very well for me in the early stages of my rosacea. My Dr said it takes a week or two (I think that's the time frame he said) to fully be effective. Unfortunately it soon became apparent that the Botox was no match for the heavy flushing of menopause, and so I found that I was swamped by a tidal wave of horrific flushes. I sure hope your experience is different and that it works well for you for a long time. I've read other success stories online about Botox being used to stop flushing successfully.
WrinkledClue
Regular Helper
Regular Helper

Postby meg » Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:15 am

I also tried Botox recently and found it did not help my flushing at all. In the past I had tried small amounts, but this time I worked with a pain management doctor who covered my whole face with intradermal botox. It was extremely painful, and since I suffer from severe flushing, my face actually bled from the injections. It took several weeks for the bruises to disappear.

Samina, I am very glad you have had positive results. But, I'm with WrinkledClue in the not so great results category.
meg
Apprentice Member
Apprentice Member

Postby Peter » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:42 am

samina wrote: I dont know if this being my 12th day since having botox that I have meet the full effects or whether it will continue to improve over the cmoing weeks...does anyone know?

Hello Sam

Glad to see the botox has given you some welcome relief but I have no experience of the results from this form of treatment. Tony Chu normally answers e mails from his patients fairly quickly, so might be worth sending him a quick note to find out what the normal response is when using botox for rosacea.

Good luck

Peter
Peter
Star Member
Star Member

Postby samina » Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:55 am

Feel so shit today though was flushed bad from 5 pm last night, had to sleep with big fan, chillow and icepacks . devasted i really thought this was the turning point for me. I was really good xmas day and box day but now going downhill. Wont be able to go to my friends new year party tonight and new year just marks another year of being crap. :( Was flushed all night.

do you wake up alot in the night cause you are so flushed?

I did eat a choc chip and nut cookie yesterday and think they may not have helped my situation, gona be really good with my diet from now on xx
samina
Apprentice Member
Apprentice Member

Postby Artist » Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:44 pm

What else have you tried?

Artist
Artist
Accomplished Helper
Accomplished Helper

Next

Return to Experimental Rosacea Treatments