ALA and skin splitting

Photodynamic Therapy, or PDT for short, is a combination of a topical agent like aminolevulinic acid and a light-based therapy to activate the treatment. Originally an acne treatment, PDT has also been used to treat rosacea.

Re: ALA and skin splitting

Postby ranger » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:27 pm

Hi,
Its been 3 weeks since my last treatment & went back to the doctor yesterday.He was very pleased with the outcome.We compared before & after pics he took & there is a improvement but not as much as i thought there would be.But having said that i knew i would not end up with perfect new born skin.He says now that maintenance of the skin is important,so he suggests i use sun screen everyday which i do when im in the sun for long periods but he says to use it twice a day even if im sitting in the office & also at night to use a multivitamin cream.Doing this will help to make my skin stay the way it is now.My skin is also a lot smoother & i dont have as many breakouts after the treatments,so on a whole it did help.
Can anyone help me with a good multivitamin cream for rosacea?Thanks in advance.Take care.
ranger
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: ALA and skin splitting

Postby wjp1982 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:59 am

Thats great to hear. I just had my first PDT this week and my face got really red and i had a little break out. Hopefully it gets better, im on day 4 now. I have been using aquaphor to moisturize as the doctor suggested and using a sunscreen every day. Hopefully my skin starts to calm down soon. Here's hoping my treatment works as well as yours did.
wjp1982
I'm new here
I'm new here

Previous

Return to Photodynamic Therapy