1st session of IPL

IPL stands for Intense Pulsed Light. It is the general term for a variety of treatments that use a mixture of light frequencies. One example machine is the Lumenis One.

1st session of IPL

Postby Paulo100 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:47 am

I thought I should give a review of my IPL experience so far, after one session.
A little background information.
I am a male in middle age who has always suffered from Rosacia, I just didn't know what it was when I was younger.
Over 5 years ago I sent to a clinic that offered IPL and they said they could help.
I ended up with pinhead sized deep bruises over my cheeks, which were difficult to explain, to say the least.
I didn't find any benefit, and was left with small blemishes under the skin, like small white patches.
In hindsight I assume they were using a very targeted laser that might have been good for obvious veins, but this was not my problem.
Just recently I decided to try again and found a central London clinic with excellent reviews.
I went for a consultation and a test patch was lasered, presumably to see if there was a reaction.
2 weeks ago I went for my first full session.
My therapist started to use the laser all over both cheeks and a little on my nose.
I knew what to expect from my previous visits 5 years ago, but I think the 'pain' was greater this time, certainly he session was much longer. I would estimate that she applied to laser for 20 plus minutes in total.
The feeling is like someone flicking a large elastic band against your face, hard, and towards to end of the session I was seriously thinking of asking her to stop, as, not only did my face feel raw, I was worried that I might be covered in bruising.
It was a big relief when I looked in the mirror to see that there was no bruising, and none appeared later.
The good news is that my face is definitely less red, and I can see clear areas of normal skin colouring, where it would previously been red.
Not only this, but I have noticed that I am not flushing like before.
I only hope that the progress will continue with the following sessions ( I have booked 6)
I will keep you guys informed.
Paulo100
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: 1st session of IPL

Postby Paulo100 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:30 pm

I will be having my second session on Monday (2 days away at time of writing)
I am still experiencing good results after my 1st session, in that my face is definitely less red, and I do not flush like before.
I drank beer 2 nights ago while out with some friends, and this would normally have resulted in a guaranteed red face with hot burning cheeks. This time it didn't happen!
Pretty impressed so far, and I only hope the progress I have seen continues next week.
Paulo100
I'm new here
I'm new here

Return to IPL