ROSACEA treatment with laser or natural approach?

This is a huge topic for rosacea sufferers. The choice of laser, IPL, and other light therapies is vast. The number of possible modalities and choice of machines is bewildering. Pick a sub-forum and see what you can learn.

ROSACEA treatment with laser or natural approach?

Postby rosycheeks100 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:51 am

I have Acne Rosacea and my GP prescribed me rozex as a topical antibiotic aswell as tetracycline.I have broken capillaries on my cheeks along with general redness.I flush often after exercise , changes in temp , and often for no apparent reason,this is the most embarrassing for me.I also have RAYNAUDS when both combined they are not a good look.I was referred to a dermatologist who wanted to prescribe me tetracycline also and suggested laser for the broken capillaries.I'm not keen on taking either of the antibiotics as who knows what they will do to your body long term?! That being said I would be interested to hear from any of you who have used these products,what were the results if any during and after use?

Now back to the laser , well my dermatologist recommended 6 to 8 sessions with one possibly needed each year there after.I'm quite interested in this approach as I can avoid taking the antibiotics but also quite anxious about the procedure given some horror stories of peoples reactions to it.I'm unsure yet what method will be used I understand IPL is the most effective.Have any of you out there had this treatment?how many sessions did you need?what was the down time after treatment?did you notice any negative effects from it months or years later?did old or new veins re emerge?did it help with general flushing?Finally and most importantly where did you have it done and what was the doctors name?(I'm living in Ireland by the way)

Lastly but not least I would skip all of the above if anyone knows or has treated there acne rosacea using the NATURAL approach?

Please reply I would be so grateful for any advice:-)I'm booked in for a consultation for the laser in the coming weeks and I presume they will patch test me then so should I go ahead with this or not?

Thank you all so much in advance :-):-
rosycheeks100
I'm new here
I'm new here

Return to Laser & IPL Therapy