Redness After IPL (Please Help)

This is a huge topic for rosacea sufferers. The choice of laser, IPL, and other light therapies is vast. The number of possible modalities and choice of machines is bewildering. Pick a sub-forum and see what you can learn.

Re: Redness After IPL (Please Help)

Postby bmeg » Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:35 pm

My friend told me that have a slight improvement after IPL, but still redness, so she tried to use Laserat, and this was helpful. But you should know that using liniment/cream or other products could affect different on various circumstances (type of skin, disorder, etc.)
bmeg
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby Grntntsh » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:11 am

Ah really? Ahh I don't really wana put anything else on my face I just wanted to know if the redness and blotchy ness will subside in a little but longer is it to early,? I didn't have this with my second, my nose seems patchy red now which it wasn't before I just hope this is a good thing and in not stuck with it now :( feel so upset
Grntntsh
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby Anne Meadows » Sat May 17, 2014 10:56 pm

I had IPL over 2 weeks ago. The first week following was hell- redder than ever - even called the office to inquire about this, but didn't get to speak to the doctor - was told by reception that it really should resolve within a week. Now, 2 weeks on, it is doing much better. I have gone through this before, but not to such an extent. Now that I think of it, it does usually take a while for me to look better rather than worse. So, as longer as you are seeing improvement, give it time - but the first bit can be worse.
Anne Meadows
I'm new here
I'm new here

Previous

Return to Laser & IPL Therapy