YAG Laser after IPL

This is a huge topic for rosacea sufferers. The choice of laser, IPL, and other light therapies is vast. The number of possible modalities and choice of machines is bewildering. Pick a sub-forum and see what you can learn.

YAG Laser after IPL

Postby cinder » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:26 pm

If you've read my other posts, you know that I have done a number of IPL treatments and was very happy with the results. As I knew would happen, because IPL only affects (effets?) the blood closest to the epidermis, the red started to come back a bit after 9 months to a year, so I began IPL again yesterday. The tech told me they had a new machine that is a YAG Laser and that it affects (?) the blood vessels deeper in the skin, thereby keeping the redness away much longer. Going to have that done next time, in 6 weeks. Tech told me that it should only take 1 to 2 YAG treatments to complete the touch up so my skin is back to where it was after the IPL, also that the YAG is safer because it is more focused.

Any experiences or comments on YAG? I've read up on it and it seems to be legit.

Cinder

PS....funny, when I went in to the office, they have my pictures up as "before and after"! (music)
cinder
Regular Helper
Regular Helper

Return to Laser & IPL Therapy