Hyper pigmentation after IPL

This is a huge topic for rosacea sufferers. The choice of laser, IPL, and other light therapies is vast. The number of possible modalities and choice of machines is bewildering. Pick a sub-forum and see what you can learn.

Hyper pigmentation after IPL

Postby JP1 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:31 pm

Hi,
This is a follow up post a few months after my original. I went to see a derm who advised that I have a yeast overgrowth, which then triggered the rosacea. So I have cut yeast from diet and that has helped. I also found a product called Proskin Rosacea on Amazon and that has also been very good, the papules are fading.

So I feel like the original rosacea is a bit better but the impact of doing IPL remains high. I have a bright red strip of hyperpigmentation on my nose, along the bridge. Really do not know what to do, any ideas? I have read about lemon. After the IPL disaster I do not want any risky treatments. My depression has got worse, I am convinced the IPL has done damage that may never recover.
JP1
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: Hyper pigmentation after IPL

Postby fanny » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:39 pm

Hi
I am so sorry that the ipl treatment has caused you problems. Have you been back to the place that you had it done to ask questions? Using lemon would seem to be somewhat harsh for rosacea skin. You could try aloe vera, chamomile cream, any cream with green tea in it. Always do a patch test first. I am currently using and pleased with, Boots no 7 calm skin.
Keep on keeping on
Best wishes
Fanny
fanny
Moderator Team

Postby spencer » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:06 pm

Hi, Sorry to hear about the IPL side effects. I've heard that PsoriaGold has helped some other victims of laser treatment. It was created by a dermatologist. Here is one post I found on the PG Ultra:
http://iplandlaserdamagesupport.prophpb ... c3143.html

I used the regular PG, but found it kind of irritating due to the alcohol content. It did help quite a bit with my rosacea, though. But maybe the new version of the product is better.

I'm sure you'll find something that works for you. Don't give up! The answer is out there. It's just a matter of time. :)
spencer
Star Member
Star Member

Postby spencer » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:12 pm

Here's another one: http://iplandlaserdamagesupport.prophpb ... tml#p28935

There are quite a few on there. Maybe have a look around...
spencer
Star Member
Star Member

Return to Laser & IPL Therapy