Pustules after 2 PDL sessions

This is a huge topic for rosacea sufferers. The choice of laser, IPL, and other light therapies is vast. The number of possible modalities and choice of machines is bewildering. Pick a sub-forum and see what you can learn.

Pustules after 2 PDL sessions

Postby Bb000333 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:49 pm

Over the course of the past three months, I have had 2 PDL sessions to remove just general Rosacea redness. Now for the first time in my life, I have developed small red papules/pustules on my cheeks. I'm wondering if there's a connection between the laser and these new bumps. Should I even continue with the PDL sessions (the redness is getting better)?
Bb000333
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: Pustules after 2 PDL sessions

Postby fanny » Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:49 pm

I'm sorry that has happened to you, have you been back in contact with the doctor who performed the pdl? It is possible you are allergic to the goop they put on to do the treatment , or an after procedure topical?
Certainly consult your derm before doing anymore treatments.
All the best
Fanny
fanny
Moderator Team

Re: Pustules after 2 PDL sessions

Postby CrabbyCathy » Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:35 pm

There is a section on V-beam, which I believe is considered a PDL. Here is a link to someone's thread; she mentions also having a period of getting worse before getting better, but as Fanny said, it's best to ask the practitioner who performed your PDL. They would know best.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1833
Cathy (makeup)
See my blog for tips and helpful links!
Please note: Any advice offered here is not meant to replace medical advice. Always see your dermatologist.
CrabbyCathy
Moderator Team

Return to Laser & IPL Therapy