V-beam for sun damage, help!

This is a huge topic for rosacea sufferers. The choice of laser, IPL, and other light therapies is vast. The number of possible modalities and choice of machines is bewildering. Pick a sub-forum and see what you can learn.

V-beam for sun damage, help!

Postby jenbenn » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:16 am

I have had several v-beam treatments over the years for facial capillaries. Usually successful. I had a red spot on my nose which my derm said was the beginning of sun damage. But it's been bothering me a lot and so I went for v-beam to see whether it would help - figured it couldn't harm. The doc did 2 areas - one for veins and one for the sun damage. The veins area is fine today, no swelling and smooth. But the sun-damaged area is ROUGH and reddish. A really rough texture. Can anyone reassure me, or have you done v-beam on sun damage?
jenbenn
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: V-beam for sun damage, help!

Postby fanny » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:11 pm

Welcome, whilst I have no experience with vbeam, I would call your doctor and tell them what is going on, it might be a normal response.
Take care
Fanny
fanny
Moderator Team

Re: V-beam for sun damage, help!

Postby Davin Lim » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:42 pm

Agree.... You will to be assessed by your doctor. This maybe an area of sundamage (solar keratosis) - rough red persistent scaly spots. The redness maybe due to inflammation or broken blood vessels - or a combination.
IF it is solar keratosis, V Beam will not improve the roughness. Treatments such as Efudix (only to the spot) or PDT maybe needed.
Bottom line- get it checked out...

hope this helps

Davin Lim
Dermatologist ;)
Davin Lim
I'm new here
I'm new here

Return to Laser & IPL Therapy