Second IPL today.

This is a huge topic for rosacea sufferers. The choice of laser, IPL, and other light therapies is vast. The number of possible modalities and choice of machines is bewildering. Pick a sub-forum and see what you can learn.

Re: Second IPL today.

Postby fanny » Thu May 03, 2012 1:15 pm

Hi
Many thanks for your helpful post. I had 3 ipls about a year ago and I stopped, as I had my worst flares ever in the weeks after and was not too impressed after that. That is just my experience, and the cost!!!
All the best to you
Fanny
fanny
Moderator Team

Postby cinder » Thu May 03, 2012 5:35 pm

I've been asked a number of times this morning at work, what happened to my face? I have "chipmunk cheek". The swelling near my eye has gone down a lot but the cheek is still quite firm. I imagine that in 2 oe 3 days it will have subsided completely.

Cinder
cinder
Regular Helper
Regular Helper

Postby CrabbyCathy » Fri May 04, 2012 3:40 am

I like to hear from you and your experiences! Did you try an ice pack on your eyes/cheek? I had to do that with my first and second one, a little. It helped.

Can I ask if your technician does 3 passes each time, and if she does three "levels", meaning deep, mid, and surface?

I have had 3 so far. So darned painful, I dread it, but hey.
Cathy (makeup)
See my blog for tips and helpful links!
Please note: Any advice offered here is not meant to replace medical advice. Always see your dermatologist.
CrabbyCathy
Moderator Team

Postby cinder » Fri May 04, 2012 1:03 pm

I'm not sure about "levels"...I hear her fiddling with something back there. She only does 2 passes on certain areas that seem like they can take it without getting red.
This time, she only did one pass after she increased the power.

Cinder
cinder
Regular Helper
Regular Helper

Postby cinder » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:22 pm

This time we got away with no swelling, but I think they were being TOO conservative because of what happened last time. I have 2 more sessions so I'll be sure to talk to them about how the treatment is going. I want to get my money;s worth, but of course be safe while doing it.

So, I found a picture of just before I started the IPL and Doxy, which I'll share. The other side was just as bad or slightly worse because I sleep on that side.

After 7 treatments of IPL and being on Doxy, using the Finacea and the Aveeno Moisturising Ultra Calming Cleansner and Moisturiser and 85 spr sunscreen, this is what I've got now. I'm so thrilled, I can't tell you!

If the whole thing doesn't show up, here's a direct link.
http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h47 ... CN3036.jpg

I'm so glad I stumbled on this site while researching IPL. The support has been fantastic!

Cinder
cinder
Regular Helper
Regular Helper

Postby spencer » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:34 pm

Hi Cinder, I've been following this thread. Thanks so much for sharing. Amazing what can happen in such a short amount of time. You look fantastic! :)
spencer
Star Member
Star Member

Postby cinder » Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:56 pm

Thanks, Spencer.
I had my 8th treatment on the 5th and I'm a little swollen around my eye, but that's all. I made the mistake of getting a bit of sun, so they had to avoid the areas that I had missed with sunscreen. I have one treatment left and then I'm done. Can't say that I'll miss it at all because it isn't all that pleasant. However, I would do it again if (when) the redness comes back.

Cinder
cinder
Regular Helper
Regular Helper

Postby Rosie » Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:53 pm

Hi Cinder,

Thank you for posting your experience with IPL. I am very keen to get IPL done and it is helpful to hear of others experiences with it. Would you say that IPL helped with the P&P's or would you say that they were only helped by the Dioxy and Fincea. My antibiotic is helping marginally but not totally and I was hoping that IPL would sort out what my antibiotic and metrogel is not budging.

I look would forward to hearing from you.

Rosie
Rosie
Apprentice Member
Apprentice Member

Postby cinder » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:47 am

Rosie, common belief is that IPL ONLY helps the redness. I can't say that it helped the P&P's as I started both IPL and Doxy/Finacea at the same time. I do know that even now when I get a few P&P's, they don't look nearly as bad without the bright red background, so IPL helped that way.

I hope that was some help.

Cinder
cinder
Regular Helper
Regular Helper

Postby Rosie » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:52 pm

Thank you, Cinder for taking the time to reply.
Rosie
Apprentice Member
Apprentice Member

PreviousNext

Return to Laser & IPL Therapy