Second IPL today.

This is a huge topic for rosacea sufferers. The choice of laser, IPL, and other light therapies is vast. The number of possible modalities and choice of machines is bewildering. Pick a sub-forum and see what you can learn.

Re: Second IPL today.

Postby cinder » Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:48 pm

Hmmm...interesting. My tech didn't go into that much detail with me. I wish there was somewhere you could get in-depth information about how it works.

Cinder
cinder
Regular Helper
Regular Helper

Postby CrabbyCathy » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:43 am

cinder wrote:Hmmm...interesting. My tech didn't go into that much detail with me. I wish there was somewhere you could get in-depth information about how it works.

Cinder

I think you had much more detail than me!
Cathy (makeup)
See my blog for tips and helpful links!
Please note: Any advice offered here is not meant to replace medical advice. Always see your dermatologist.
CrabbyCathy
Moderator Team

Postby cinder » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:07 am

4th IPL today. I'm sort of getting used to it, I think. The tech is keeping the strength the same because she thinks if she increases it, I may burn in areas. Fine with me!

It's hard to tell if there is much difference because my cheeks are so broken out with p&p's right now, but I did think I saw some lighter areas before I went back tonight.

Cinder
cinder
Regular Helper
Regular Helper

Postby cinder » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:11 pm

The Finacia and Doxy are working really well! Almost all of the P7P's have cleared up. That means I can actually see my SKIN to tell whether the IPL is working or not. Before, you couldn't see past the P&P"s to tell.
I think it is working. I seem to be "pinker" instead of red and blotchy. I haven't noticed any hot flares for a few weeks. You know the kind...where you need a cold washcloth because it hurts? That has pretty much gone away...Not sure if it was because the P&P"s are gone or from the IPL. (Don't care, at this point.)
I noticed in a pharmacy that I walked past a mirrior and didn't immediately notice my red cheeks...more of a softer pink flush.
It isn't gone by any means, but I don't feel self concious as much.
I seem to notice sort of threads or lightly mottled areas of lighter skin...I'm hoping that will take over my whole face through the treatment and give me a lighter complexion.
I have 2 more treatments and then will decide whether to continue. If I see good results, I'll keep at it.
I'm being good about sunscreen as well, somehitng of a first for me, but I don't want to lose the results I have!

Well, that's the update.

Cinder
cinder
Regular Helper
Regular Helper

Postby fanny » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:13 pm

Thank you for keeping us updated. Your news sounds very positive, i'm happy for you.
Keep on keeping on
Fanny
fanny
Moderator Team

Fifth

Postby cinder » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:10 am

5th treatment today and I had a different tech who was MUCH more aggressive and now my face feels like I have a sunburn. She also took the smaller IPL head and zapped all the spider veins around my nose.That was a good thing. Currently I have cold compresses on my cheeks to hopefully head off any swelling/extra redness.

The upside of this is that, from my reading, the skin has to be at least a little burned to get a good result. So, something to look forward to.

I only have one treatment left (with my reg tech) and then I'll have to decide whether to get more or not.

Cinder
cinder
Regular Helper
Regular Helper

Postby CrabbyCathy » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:09 am

How often are you having your IPL's? They seem quite close together. Mine are 4 weeks apart.
Cathy (makeup)
Please note: Any advice offered here is not meant to replace medical advice. Always see your dermatologist.
CrabbyCathy
Moderator Team

Postby cinder » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:55 am

Three weeks apart. (Time flies).

Also, this morning all is well...no extra redness, no swelling and no hot feeling.

Of course, it takes 3 weeks for you to really see the difference, so I'll have to be patient.

How many have you had, CrabbyCathy, and do they seem to be working?

Cinder
cinder
Regular Helper
Regular Helper

Postby CrabbyCathy » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:45 am

This time, I've had two so far. One more next week, on the 24th or something. With the first, more white skin showing around the cheek/eye/temple area. With the second, I happened to be flaring, and I'm not sure if that made a difference. I turned red, swollen, it hurt like heck, and no change seen.
Cathy (makeup)
CrabbyCathy
Moderator Team

Postby cinder » Thu May 03, 2012 12:27 pm

6th treatment and I think we over-did it. Woke up this morning to me eyelids being a bit swollen and my cheek directly under my right eye being firm and swollen. I'll let them know next time.
The last treatment (5) made a big difference, looks-wise, so I hope this one will too. If not, I may just be happy with what I've got so far and realise that I'm not one of those people who is going to ever get her real complexion back. It's a LOT better, but it's not "normal" by any means. Must say I'm disappointed, having seen some of the pictures of other Rosacea sufferers who seem to have gotten their old skin back!
We'll see. My next appt is in about 4 weeks.

Cinder
cinder
Regular Helper
Regular Helper

PreviousNext

Return to Laser & IPL Therapy