Second IPL today.

This is a huge topic for rosacea sufferers. The choice of laser, IPL, and other light therapies is vast. The number of possible modalities and choice of machines is bewildering. Pick a sub-forum and see what you can learn.

Re: Second IPL today.

Postby JP1 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:30 pm

How have the results been since your treatment? I had six IPL treatments last year, spaced evenly apart. I have not seen any improvement and in fact my skin is worse now. I have a small swelling under my left eye that came up after the final session... And is still there eight months on. Plus my skin has become more oily and my nose, which was clear and normal, is now red through many more broken vessels. I really regret doing the IPL, in fact it has caused me depression and the whole rosacea experience, now 18 months since it started, is causing my confidence to be shattered. I think the IPL was too strong for my skin and has accelerated the rosacea rather than doing what I had hoped and been advised would happen. I am also worried about the long term impact on my skin. I am 39, how will my skin be in ten years? It is a big worry.
JP1
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby cinder » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:17 pm

I had very good results with IPL. If you go back a few pages, there are before and after shots.

I'm sorry yours wasn't as successful. I really think a huge amount depends on the technician.

Do you have P&P's or redness on its own?

Cinder
cinder
Regular Helper
Regular Helper

Postby cinder » Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:16 pm

It's funny...I can feel my face trying to flush...it gets hot, tight and painful, but hardly anything happens visually. Here's hoping it stays that way!

Cinder
cinder
Regular Helper
Regular Helper

Postby anthily » Wed May 14, 2014 10:44 am

Hi Cinder,

I have just joined this group and have seen your before and after pics from the ipl/doxy. The results are amazing, I have a few questions which I hope you can answer, after each ipl session, did you cleanse and moisturise or did you wait a few days and how often did you have the ipl?

Look forward to your reply.

An
anthily
I'm new here
I'm new here

Previous

Return to Laser & IPL Therapy