Rulide

`Systemic' is just a fancy name for tablets that you take that can affect your whole `system'. Stop in here to talk about antibiotics, accutane and other sorts of oral therapies.

Rulide

Postby Issy » Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:02 am

Hi I am new to this forum and have had rosacea on and off since I turned 27 - prior to this I had never had a pimple/spot on my checks or forehead just the occasional spot on my chin.
I have tried tetracycline,minomicin ,doxycycline . Finacea, eryacne all of which have had no affect whatsoever on the papules that I generally get on the right side of my face and recently on my forehead.
My dermotologist has recently prescribed rulide - which I hadn't heard of before and can't seem to find much on the internet about it as a treatment for rosacea - does anyone have experience with this treatment ?
I also tried ipl which had taken my redness down a little bit but did nothing for the visible veins . I tried pulse dyed laser recently and besides some bruising to the veins being treated had been very effective at getting rid of them.
Thanks
Issy
Issy
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: Rulide

Postby fanny » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:34 pm

Hi
Rulide is another antibiotic and I suppose your derm is trying that with you as the others did not work. I haven't used it, so I can't answer for its efficacy.
Good luck
Fanny
fanny
Moderator Team

Return to Systemic Rosacea Treatments