Clarithromycin antibiotics - no longer working?

`Systemic' is just a fancy name for tablets that you take that can affect your whole `system'. Stop in here to talk about antibiotics, accutane and other sorts of oral therapies.

Re: Clarithromycin antibiotics - no longer working?

Postby Babsm67 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:32 pm

Hi, I last posted on here on 9th November before I was due to see the dermatologist. I mentioned that I had been tested for food intolerances and found that I was intolerant to dairy, eggs, yeast, buckwheat, Brazil nuts, lentils and two types of wine. When I mentioned this fact to my dermatologist a few days later,he was not impressed and was actually quite rude to me, insisting that I take another type of antibiotic for another 3 months. After reading posts about food intolerances and rosacea, I decided to cut out the offending foods and now, two months later, my skin has cleared up. I haven't taken anti biotics since I last posted on here and my skin is much better so, for me, food intolerances appear to be very significant in causing rosacea flare-ups. I am meant to avoid the offending foods for 12 weeks and then gradually reintroduce them. I have already tried cake with egg in it and had no reaction but I will leave trying anything else until the beginning of February when the 12 weeks are up. Yes, it is not always easy to cut those foods out (especially yeast!) but, I have to say, it is DEFINITELY worth it! :-D (yahoo)
Best wishes to everyone
Barbara
Babsm67
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: Clarithromycin antibiotics - no longer working?

Postby Babsm67 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:37 pm

Ps. I also stopped using Finacea as that wasn't working and tried Prosacea instead (I gave this another go) and that helped clear up a few remaining bumps! :-D
Barbara
Babsm67
I'm new here
I'm new here

Previous

Return to Systemic Rosacea Treatments