Switch to full style
`Systemic' is just a fancy name for tablets that you take that can affect your whole `system'. Stop in here to talk about antibiotics, accutane and other sorts of oral therapies.
Post a reply

Re: How I cured my rosacea

Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:24 pm

I am having a flare-up, the worst I have ever had and called and asked my Derm about using Tea Tree oil. She said that for my sensitive skin, she would not recommend it. Tea Tree oil is advertised at Earthfare as a natural antiseptic. I have a possible allergy to tetracycline so all I can use is Metrogel and Finacea. I cleanse with a French liquid soap, Cera Ve, that is sold in CVS pharmacies. I had used tetracycline for many years and had no issues with yeast infections and was pleased with the results. It has been 6 weeks and I have seen no benefit to everything I am doing and it has gotten worse. Wearing make-up actually makes my skin look worse. It takes away the redness but the flakiness is unsightly. I may try the HCl supplements with Pepsin enzymes since I am taking no other meds at this time. I had the acid tested in my stomach years ago and there was nothing abnormal. My face is on fire and I only get relief from a cold washcloth. I have people asking if I got too much sun and I have just starting telling them “yes” so I don’t have to go through all the details of rosacea. People act like it’s incredulous that there is no definite root cause or cure. Thanks for letting me vent! (surrender)

Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:38 pm

So they think that you had an allergic reaction to the antibiotics? well maybe they can prescribe you another one do you live in the U.S.? maybe they can prescribe you Oracea!!!! I know how you feel believe me i was feel pretty good all these days and today is not a good day at all. I keep praying to God to heal me of this horrible skin condition. You definetely got an allergic reaction from something and maybe is not even the medication wait a couple of days and then start taking it again or try something else. I feel for you and everyone else that has this because even though is not cancer but it is very uncomfortable.

Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:50 am

Hello all!

Oh, HD2825, I feel your pain. And I remember that what would sometimes help a bad flare one time, didn't do much the next, etc. It's so frustrating and annoying! And not helped by people unthinkingly making you feel bad. Like my lovely male co-worker, who has been banned from mentioning my skin ever again in his life. He didn't do it to be mean, just more like "wow what's that? what's happening?"

I agree with Yoli, that it might not be an allergic reaction to your medication. I'm trying to remember, I know that you can suddenly get an allergy to a skincare product you've used for years, but am not sure about internal medications.

Ooooh, but wait.....how long have you used Finacea? Some people love it, for me it made my skin flare, get red, and literally spread. Lot's of p's (papules). Lovely. My derm told me too that many people react to Finacea, he doesn't recommend it.

Some people (like lucky me) get flares by a trigger food. Have you tried to see if anything you eat is bothering your skin? Flaxseed oil is supposed to help too. A compress of cold lavender-chamomile tea works wonders for me, which I am going to do after my shower in a minute. And I cannot live without my Anti-Inflammatory Cream by http://www.skinactives.com.

I think we should be able to call in "can't face the public" to work! I pray at night sometimes too, reassuring the angels and God that yes, I know it's not something horrible like cancer, but please? Can you make it go away forever?

Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:52 pm

HI, Crabby can you tell me which anti-flammatory cream you used from that website that you post it and also doesn't work for you? i would like to give it a try and see if it works on me. Yes we need to pray to God to heal of us or to help the doctors find a cure. God is the only one that can possibly do that for us. Thank you.

Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:49 pm

yoli wrote:HI, Crabby can you tell me which anti-flammatory cream you used from that website that you post it and also doesn't work for you? i would like to give it a try and see if it works on me. Yes we need to pray to God to heal of us or to help the doctors find a cure. God is the only one that can possibly do that for us. Thank you.

It's literally called Anti-Inflammatory Cream. Did you mean to type "also doesn't work for you"? Because I love it, it does work for me, quite well. That's why I can't live without it! :)

Here: http://www.skinactives.com/product/detail.aspx?prodID=94

Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:10 pm

hey ladies,, no the minicycline is causeing yeast infections,, and i have to go off, and then i took the the med ofr the yeast infectionm, and that irritates your stomache too, so i am trying just mycelex,, and monostat,, and yogurt,,
and now tomorrow i ahve to take a blood glucose tes,, yup for possibly diabetes,, because the last few nights i was up uninating every 2 hours, urin test today was fine,, could possible be the antibiotics, dehydtrrating me,, which i think it is, i had a blood test in july and i was fine, but they say you never know,, so i do believe in God too, and i am praying that the test is negative tomororw, but if it is , there is a treatment,, yup, dont get to eat anything i like anymore anyway,, oh well it could be worse right,, so if i go of the minicyline, i pray the rosacea doesnt flare up again,, what to do,, i have to decide tonight,, and teach to dance classes from 5-730 before hand,, sigh,, thanks for listening,,

Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:50 pm

sorry for all the typos, as you can see i was rushing,, and didnt proofread,, i am a dance teacher, not a typist,, haha
went off the drugs,, and just pray i dont flare up,, waiting for test results,,

Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:04 pm

Hi , I just wanted to say that after 2 years of struggling with rosacea , I followed your advice and started takeing HCL supplements and using tea-tree oil shampoo and conditioner and facial cleanser. My complexion looks a lot clearer and the itching sensation I used to get has gone - a huge thanks !

Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:37 pm

Hi,

I'm very excited about this post!

I was put on Oxytetracycline at the begining of the week and felt slightly down heartened and concerned that the doctor said i would be on and off these for the rest of my life...then i read your post, i know it wouldn't work for everybody so i keep telling myself this may not work for me.

But i've had problems with my stomach since i was a teenager. i've ordered the Bettaine Hcl supplements and i've got my tea tree oil, Sooooo fingers and toes crossed.

Will let you how it goes

Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:47 am

For those who are seeking a cure for rosacea, well you won't find a cure in the same way that you won't find a "cure" for cancer. Treating rosacea just isn't that simple.

I did find some research that I thought answered the question quite well - Why Has No One Found a Cure for Rosacea?.

Sorry, but I think it is worth saying up front that you are probably asking the wrong question if you are looking for a simple cure.
Post a reply