a £2 ($3) cleanser that works for me

A gentle cleanser is an important part of everyone's rosacea regime. Find out here which ones work for you.

a £2 ($3) cleanser that works for me

Postby Brunhilda » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:03 pm

Yes this is the cleanser that works for me -amazingly a cheap off the shelf cleanser for £2 in the UK ($3)
I bought it while I was contemplating what to do when my expensive £20 rosacea cleanser ran out

Garnier Simply Essentials Soothing Water Lily Extract Comforting Cleansing Lotion 200ml

It is basically a makeup removing style of cleanser and I apply it with my fingers and then just rinse it off in the shower (I don't use wipes). First time of use I had a slight reaction, but my skin has steadily improved since it is now very clear and soft and redness has reduced considerably- since it is so cheap it is worth a try. It is basically a cleanser based on glycerin- I've had a lot of success with glycerin products generally. There is a small amount of sodium laureth sulphate but it is one of the last ingredients listed so there doesn't seem to be enough to cause irritation like in most washes.

I should note that I had already got my rosacea fairly well controlled already so I don't know how it would work with very active rosacea.

The other products I am using currently are:
Eucerin anti redness day fluid
clinique redness solutions foundation- I'm only moderately happy with this
Brunhilda
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: a £2 ($3) cleanser that works for me

Postby fanny » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:56 pm

Thank you for posting what is working for you, it is so helpful.
All the best
Fanny
fanny
Moderator Team

Return to Cleansers