Free and Clear Shampoo

A gentle cleanser is an important part of everyone's rosacea regime. Find out here which ones work for you.

Free and Clear Shampoo

Postby paul051966 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:43 pm

I've used this product before for my scalp and face, and it worked pretty well. They now have a newer version that is purported to be even more gentle, especially made for those with allergies. I've been using it now for a week or so, and it does seem to be quite gentle. I've noticed little to no reaction, and I usually react to some extent to everything.

Its purpose is to avoid ingredients that tend to cause allergic response so it doesn't have sulfates (foaming agents), alcohols, fragrances, oils, and it's ph balanced. I also like that it doesn't increase redness, it seems to have a calming effect and actually decrease redness; and no residue. Along with being highly allergic to just about everything, I have seb derm/psoriasis so this is a welcome component.

You can get it at amazon or Wallgreens. It is a little on the expensive side. I also recommend using a shower filter, almost a necessity before anything else; there's a lot of crud in untreated water, get rid of that and you eliminate many irritants right there (chlorine, sediment).

Best of luck
Paul
paul051966
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: Free and Clear Shampoo

Postby fanny » Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:58 pm

Hello and welcome
Many thanks for the recommendation. It is always helpful to know what works for a fellow rosacea sufferer.
I'm glad you have found something that works for you.
All the best
Fanny
fanny
Moderator Team

Return to Cleansers